Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Engineer III (Lead)
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationThe Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleMaintenance Engineer III (Lead)
Area of InterestMaintenance/Engineering
Support an excellent guest experience through effectively responding and attending to internal and external guest repair requests. Maintain the physical buildings and systems.
- Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Assure each day's activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Safely perform highly complex repairs of the physical property, electrical, plumbing and mechanical equipment, air conditioners, refrigeration and pool heaters - ensuring all methods, materials and practices meet company standards and Local and National codes - with little or no supervision.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on all types of equipment, all electrical equipment, HVAC systems, Plumbing systems, laundry Equipment and Kitchen equipment.
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing systems.
- Perform leadership role when management is not present.
- Mentor Other Engineers and train them in all technical fields.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10F) and kitchens (+110F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs.
- The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Display advanced ability to read standard blue prints for electrical, plumbing and mechanical.
- Display above average engineering operations skills and strong general mechanical ability.
- Display proficiency in at least three of the following categories, above average skills in three more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen and laundry equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building management.
- Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- Display advanced knowledge of all engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs.
- Display the ability to train and mentor other engineers as necessary.
- Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds.
- Must be able to work well with all members of the Engineering Department and all other members of the Hotel Staff.
- Must promote a cordial and caring attitude toward all other department heads.
- The Company's Driver's Insurance requirements must be met, including:
I. In order for a driver to be approved, the following criteria must be met:
- Maximum of 1 moving violation in the last three years in combination with one at fault accident.
- Maximum of 2 moving violations in the last 3 years with no at fault accidents.
- Maximum of 2 at fault accidents in the last 3 years with no moving violations.
- No speeding over 80 miles per hour.
- All drivers must be licensed for at least 3 years.
II. Any driver with any of the following in the last 3 years is unacceptable:
- Conviction for an alcohol and/or drug related driving offense
- Refusal to submit to a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) Test
- Failure to stop/report an accident and leaving the scene of an accident as defined by State laws
- Conviction for homicide, manslaughter, or assault arising out of the use of a vehicle
- Suspension, revocation, or administrative restriction of driver's license within the last three years
- Conviction for reckless or careless driving
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Making a false accident report
- Three or more "Company Vehicle" physical damage claims in any twelve month period
- Speeding (10+MPH over posted speed limit)
- Conviction for attempting to elude a police officer.
III. As respects to Drivers under 25 years old, the following guidelines apply:
- No drivers under 21 years' old
- Drivers between the ages of 21 and 25 will be considered so long as:
- No driving of 15 passenger vans.
- Clean MVR
- Valid Driver's License in effect for at least 3 years.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Must have minimum of four years' hands-on experience working on electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs and a diploma/degree in one of the trades (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, etc.)
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Must have a degree/diploma from an accredited school or program in one of the trades (i.e. Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, mechanical, etc.)
Licenses or Certificates
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Licence or Certificate in one of the trades from an accredited school or program