Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Overnight Laundry Attendant
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationThe Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleOvernight Laundry Attendant
Area of InterestHousekeeping/Laundry
Sort, wash and clean hotel linens for multiple properties.
- Operate equipment necessary to sort, weigh, wash, dry, iron, fold and package hotels linen.
- Log, tag and package linens for each property.
- Iron and fold guest room and Food & Beverage flat work.
- Maintain an acceptable state of cleanliness and organization throughout the entire work area.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like laundry rooms (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments and areas of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience desired.