Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trolley Driver, Commercial Driver's License Required
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationThe Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleTrolley Driver, Commercial Driver's License Required
Area of InterestFront Office/Guest Services
Provide a consistently high degree of customer service for all guests and visitors by driving resort vehicles (shuttle van or Trolley) to transport guests, clients, or company personnel to the surrounding areas. Provide information regarding the city, directions and attractions. Assist in other areas of the Bell/Valet department such as greeting guests and assisting with luggage as they load/unload their vehicle and parking vehicles.
- Drive vehicle from individual or central loading area to destinations according to assigned schedule or per guest or client request.
- Assists passengers into and out of vehicle. Assist with loading and unloading baggage.
- Provides passengers with information about the local area.
- Operates radio or similar device to communicate with base station or other vehicles to report status of service.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
- Keeps records of trips and behavior of passengers.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A valid driver's license with no infractions within seven years is required.
- Must be flexible with willingness to work extra hours as needed.
- Must be competent and safe driver.
- Must maintain a good demeanor and must be a team player
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by resort environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, clients, and associates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to see clearly at night.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- 2 + year's Commercial Driving experience required.
- Previous Hotel Experience preferred.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
Licenses or Certificates
- Valid CA Commercial Driver's License (Class B) with Passenger Endorsement.