Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker (MSW)
at Silverado Associates
Silverado Hospice, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is presently seeking a FT Social Worker to join our growing Hospice care team in San Diego.
Nursing at Silverado is different. Our nurses join Silverado for the culture and the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with patients, families and associates. As a member of our team, you can take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of your compassion and the many lives that you will enrich. Our Certified Home Health Aides enjoy a dynamic environment that focuses on quality end-of-life care delivery.
Summary of Major Functions:
- The Master of Social Work works in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to administer a program of grief counseling and support services for survivors of patients served by hospice and the community at large
- Reports changes in the patient’s conditions and needs to the RN Case Manager or Director of Patient Care Services/Director of Family and Support Services.
- Observes for safety hazards in the patient’s and organization’s environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
- Assists the physician and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the patient's terminal illness.
- Assesses for suicide risk, mental capacity, elder and/or dependent adult abuse and takes appropriate action.
- Assists in completion of advance directives, mortuary arrangements, funeral planning or facility placement
- Provides assistance to staff and patient/family in ascertaining third party and financial resources and planning for financial coverage for services
- Provides information and referral to appropriate community resources and/or legal entities.
- Advises and counsels hospice staff, patients and families, or community agencies in management of emergency situations/crises.
- Conducts bereavement assessments, develops plans of care in conjunction with the IDT and documents all bereavement activities.
- Designs and distributes materials to families eligible for and/or receiving bereavement services.
- Develops educational programs for families and staff on loss, grief, and related topics.
- Evaluates the bereavement program and services on a quarterly and annual basis
- Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
- Provides consultation and education to community to increase knowledge related to the hospice and serves as information source and education resource person to community, agency personnel and volunteers as appropriate.
- Maintains continuing education through academic studies, seminars, and workshops
- Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings and case conferences.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related human services field or a graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology or appropriate certification in hospital or pastoral ministry.
- Documented evidence of training in dealing with grief and loss.
- Open to interviewing New Grads with confirmed date to take board exams
- Clinical experience in the area of grief and loss, family therapy and group activities.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and auto insurance.