Sky Chefs Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sky Chefs Inc.
General Purpose: Incumbent will assist Food Logistics management team in running the day to day operational and food safety activities in the food logistics area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate / participate in daily area / department F2F
- Ensure work group members have stations properly set up at start of shift, and during shift
- Monitor and ensure Gold Standards are properly utilized
- Monitor and ensure all food items are properly dated and rotated per FIFO standards
- Monitor all work group members report for shift on time
- Monitor all work group members to ensure proper equipment and uniform attire standards are followed
- Create and maintain department production paperwork
- Assist in the implementation of all LEAN processes, and ensure continuation of process throughout department
- Verify daily operational data and update appropriate databases as required
- Ensure compliance with all government regulatory agencies standards (FDA, USDA, OSHA, EPA, DOT, and HACCP). Ensure all logs are properly completed and maintained within department
- Monitor and review Internal Feedback Loop (IFBL) and all customer flight attendant comments information with work groups
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 years of administrative experience
- Knowledge of airline specific database systems (i.e. LINK, CBASE, ACE)
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail in a high stress environment
- Verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skill with the ability to interact and lead multi-cultural work group
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiply, and divide)
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time) to life, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body; Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time; walking and standing are required only occasionally
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.