Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Controller 1
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking a Unit Controller 1 for the Sodexo's United States Marine Corps account located in Oceanside, CA. Camp Pendleton is one of the Department of Defense's busiest installations and offers a broad spectrum of training facilities for many active and reserve Marine, Army and Navy units, as well as national, state and local agencies.
Is this opportunity right for you?
The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- work independently and demonstrate organization, comprehension and problem solving skills;
- have the ability to perform and maintain core responsibilities/accountabilities while simultaneously involved in other department initiatives;
- provide unit finance support for weekly flash projections, forecast updates, period close, and ad hoc reporting.
- have strong interpretation skills, as well as strong verbal & written communication skills.
- demonstrate high proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, analytics, forms) for financial use is essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- ability to ensure accurate financial results
- proficient skills in Excel
- ability to work independently and is a self-motivator
- accounting degree or working towards accounting degree
Careers in Government and Agencies:
Working for Sodexo at Government and Agency locations allows you to provide logistical support for combat missions abroad and for day-to-day management during training periods at home. Across America and around the world, our service offering combines facility and food services together as a customer-centric management solution. Today, we are entrusted with a workforce of a quarter million men and women in public service across 150 government sites and agencies. Our teams engage with international alliances and partners to ensure that those we serve have what they need to achieve peak performance.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for a smaller sized single location account. Entry level finance position.
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls.
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the Zero Harm mindset
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.