St. Madeleine Sophie's Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home and Community Based (HCBS) Program Specialist
at St. Madeleine Sophie's Center
Under direction of CEO & DDPS, Using Person Driven Philosophy, assures smooth running of all program activities. This includes but is not limited to planning, training and implementation of all program curriculums. Serves as liaison between SMSC and all relevant state and local agencies as well as parents/caregivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has thorough knowledge of Person Driven Planning Philosophy and its implementation
- Has thorough knowledge of all SMSC Policies & Procedures
- Able to communicate effectively with program participants, program staff, SDRC, Parents & caregivers.
- Able to supervise the development & implementation of Person Driven Plans for consumers
- Meets regularly with consumers and staff to develop individualized, self-determined community interests for each consumer which will be added to their Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
- Trains and educates staff on the participant’s CHOICE Plan and how to implement the plans on a day-to-day basis with community-focused ideas and activities.
- Enable participants’ day-to-day choices when the participant prefers an alternative to a scheduled curriculum activity.
- Reflects appropriate, professional attitudes based on SMSC policies & procedures
- Effectively serves as liaison between program office, internal departments, parents, care providers, social workers, and adults.
- Assures that all program participant documentation is done within time frame identified through SMSC policies & Procedures
- Assures that all goals/objectives created for each program participant are addressed on a daily basis and are Person Driven wherever possible.
- Report all accident/injuries as required in writing including any and all suspected adult abuse as well as discrimination or harassment.
- Monitor & report any concerns related to health and safety to appropriate Program Manager or designee. This would also include any documented or suspected unlawful discrimination, adult abuse or harassment
- Under direction of Director of Programs/Program Manager arrange and schedule, meetings, and appointments.
- Under direction of Director of Programs/Program Manager, participate in all meetings related to development and implementation of program participant curriculum.
- Under direction of Director of Programs/Program Manager, prepare and distributes, ISP, and Semi-Annual reports.
- Under direction of Director of Programs/Program Manager, conducts regular audits of program data and instructor documentation.
- Under direction of Director of Programs/Program Manager, report all accident/injuries as required in writing including any and all suspected adult abuse as well as discrimination or harassment.
Minimum of two years’ experience in direct training of developmentally disabled adults.
- Knowledge of behavior modification.
- Minimum of AA degree or equivalent. BA preferred
- Ability to develop consumer program plan and keep detailed records.
- Must be able to conform to applicable laws, rules and regulations pertained in Title 17 and 22 of the State of California.
- Ability to work with staff, consumers, care providers, parents, social workers and other community agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in written form.
- Ability to deal with constant change in a fast p e setting.
- First Aid and CPR required for the position.