Sumitomo Electric Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Technician (2nd shift)
at Sumitomo Electric Group
Sumitomo Electric Interconnect Products, Inc. (SEIP) is looking for a 2nd shift Quality Assurance Technician in San Marcos (North San Diego area). The hours are 2:45pm - 11:15pm with occasional overtime. This individual will need to train on 1st shift (6:45am - 3:15pm) for 60-90 days before transferring to 2nd shift. The Quality Assurance Technician’s primary role is to verify product against a standard in order to determine conformity. This person will perform many verification tests to verify various items according to established work instructions and procedures. This includes working in an ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 compliant environment. The ability to work independently and in a team is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure product quality by conducting receiving and in-process inspections.
- Evaluate finished product.
- Create detailed reports of findings.
- Performing various physical and/or chemical tests on products to determine acceptability.
- Evaluating parts against drawings.
- Data collection, classification entry, and analysis.
- Controlling non-conforming product and material.
- Manage and perform 100% inspections.
- Support Quality, Engineering and Product Management by performing various test and inspections on R&D, product comparison, PPAP’s and similar projects.
- Investigate customer complaints.
- Ability to work in an ISO 9001, IATF 16949 environment.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing quality lab environment.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to use a PC at an intermediate level.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to communicate in English (i.e. read write, speak, and understand).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentage).
- Familiarity with English and Metric measurement systems.
- Beginning experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with database systems such as JD Edwards and/or AS400.
- Previous experience working directly as a Quality Technician (as opposed to working with the quality department).
- Experience working in the automobile, plastic, and/or heat-shrinkable tubing industry.
- Knowledge of the most current revision of ISO 9001, IATF 16949, or equivalent QMS’s.
Special Position Requirements
- Must be able to support being in a laboratory environment that uses chemicals for testing and creates exposure to distinct odors.
- This position operates in a professional office and manufacturing environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, and Hearing protection.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to ben, twist and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk for long periods of time.
About Sumitomo Electric Interconnect Products, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Interconnect Products, Inc. (SEIP) was founded in 1985 as a sales and marketing company. The company was originally formed to sell products made by Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in Japan to North American customers. SEIP is an independent U.S. company and is wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Electric Fine Polymer (SFP). In 1996, SEIP began US production by building a new manufacturing site in San Marcos, CA. SEIP produces, markets, and sells products based upon heat-shrinkable plastics technology. We supply products to a diverse range of customers in a variety of industries. These include the automotive, aerospace, appliance, communications, electronics, medical, and transit industries to name a few.
To learn more about SEIP, please visit http://www.seipusa.com.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.