Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst (ID Analytics)
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
ID Analytics (a division of Symantec) is a leader in credit and fraud risk solutions with patented analytics, validated expertise and up-to-the-minute insight into consumer behavior. Founded in 2002, with a vision to think differently about how institutions solve the problem of verifying consumers’ identities, we now tackle a full range of identity challenges, including assessing credit risk and improving online customer experience. Our tools help our clients protect themselves and their customers from identity risk and fraud. Our solutions are all powered by analytics, but it’s our access to data unseen by other bureaus that differentiates our solutions. ID Analytics is a Symantec company. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team.
The Business Analyst will support the Enterprise Product and Sales organizations by quantifying the business value of ID Analytics solutions for customers. In this role, the Business Analyst will work with Sales, Analytics, and Product Management to understand business objectives and information needs, pull data, perform analysis and compile reports and presentations. The successful candidate will be able to perform data analysis that will be easily understood and can be illustrated in a concise and compelling fashion.
- Evaluate customer data sets to identify the optimal manner in which ID Analytics solutions can be utilized to achieve client objectives.
- Work with Analytics and Sales teams to design and execute tests of ID Analytics products on client and prospect data sets.
- Attend meetings with project stakeholders and clients to understand project priority and objectives to maximize business results.
- Summarize conclusions based on results and observations highlighting the value proposition of ID Analytics for new and existing clients.
- Compile analysis results into client-facing presentations.
- Conduct internal reviews with product and sales stakeholders; present to clients as needed.
- Work with Product and leadership to complete special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Pursue ongoing education of ID Analytics products and industries served.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Math, Economics or other Quantitative Field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in applied statistics and/or data analysis.
- Exceptional Analytical and Strategic Thinking Skills
- Strong understanding of statistics and how to apply statistics to solve business problems.
- Capacity to transform raw data into pertinent results and relevant written and visual material
- Deliver high quality and accurate quantitative results.
- Strong Communication/ Presentation Skills
- Proven ability to organize and present analytical findings and recommendations in a concise manner (both verbal and written).
- Experience presenting analytical/mathematical findings to peers and/or other groups.
- Solid Organization and Multi-Tasking Abilities
- Effectively manage priorities and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities effectively, demonstrating flexibility and cooperation.
- Strong Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Operates effectively in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Technical Experience
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and under limited supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of Bash, Python, Java, and/or similar scripting language.
- Experience working in a Linux environment and/or querying relational databases.
- Previous use of data visualization tools: QlikView, QlikSense, or similar.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and/or other data management systems.
- Exposure to the financial services, wireless telecommunications, or ecommerce industries.
- Fluency in predictive modeling and data mining techniques and tools (SAS, SPSS, R or similar).
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cyber security, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is committed to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec including resume submissions. If you need to request an accommodation, please reach out by email to Talent Acquisition or contact HR Service Exchange.