Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Cost Accountant
at Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
What you’ll be doing:
Performs Cost Accounting period end close duties including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and preparation and review of certain financial statement reports. Responsible for highly complex calculations of cost components including warranty liability. Prepares elimination entries for consolidation of foreign entity. Performs budget versus actual analyses and participates in cost modeling for budget and reforecasting purposes. Preparation of financial analysis of cost accounting related projects. Creates and publishes periodic reports to management. Maintains Cost Accounting systems and processes, identifies and implements efficiencies. Participates in annual audits, quarterly reviews and special projects.
Who we are:
Here at Tandem, Diabetes is all we do and we are dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better, through relentless innovation. “In Tandem” means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. We believe that working in tandem, not in isolation, is the best way to continually exceed expectations.
We’ve have been named one of the fastest growing insulin pump companies in the U.S! Why? Designed, assembled and supported from our San Diego, CA headquarters, Tandem has created the simple-to-use t:slim X2 Insulin Pump, which is the smallest pump available, the only color touch-screen insulin pump capable of remote feature updates, and the first CGM-enabled pump approved to let users make treatment decisions without pricking their finger.
Read more about our company & culture here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and see what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
What you need for this position:
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in period end close procedures:
- Coordinates all Cost Accounting and related close processes.
- Prepares journal entries, elimination entries, account analyses and reconciliations for general ledger accounts including, but not limited to, Cost Accounting related accounts.
- Performs a complex warranty calculation monthly, analyzes trends and proposes ideas for calculation improvements.
- Generates gross margin and cost of goods sold trend reports and financial statements for management review.
- Communicates with operational departments inside and outside of the close process to ensure proper accounting and reporting.
- Participates in post-close meetings to present periodic results to cross-functional audiences.
- Identifies and resolves Cost Accounting related issues promptly
- Provide support for the ongoing maintenance and customization of Tandem’s ERP system and CRM system to ensure proper accounting treatment of inventory and shipped products
- Performs financial analysis on cost savings initiatives.
- Support annual Budget and quarterly Forecast function.
- Assists in maintaining the Cost Accounting system, including: annual roll of Standard costs, adding new parts as necessary
- Prepares various audit schedules and engages with outside auditors to provide requested information during audit periods.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly Cost related reports to Operational personnel
- Auditing of Cycle Counts and participation of the annual physical inventory.
- Participates in compliance with GAAP, SOX and company policies and procedures.
- Performs additional general accounting support in month end close process including journal entries and account reconciliations as requested.
- Assists in implementing, writing, and maintaining standard operating procedures for the Finance department.
- Support Finance department on an as needed basis.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with company policies including Privacy/HIPAA and other regulatory, legal, and safety requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cost Accounting processes.
- Familiarity with Cost Accounting and GL modules of ERP systems. Microsoft AX and Management Reporter experience preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- B.S. degree in Accounting or related field or combination of equivalent education and applicable job experience.
- 10 plus years’ experience with Cost Accounting.
- Having wide-ranging experience and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
What’s in it for you?
We’ve got you covered. We offer a robust benefits package to support your health and your family. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care – Tandem’s got you covered!
Stay well with us. Enjoy the outdoors during your workday by biking, running, or walking on one of our nearby trails. Or check out our offsite gym, which boasts luxurious amenities including specialty fitness classes and state-of-the-art equipment.
Invest in your career. Tandem offers all employees access to training and development programs and courses to help keep your career and skillset updated, not outdated.
Live your life. Relax with 20 days of paid time off and celebrate 10 paid holidays in your first year. Save for your future with a company-provided 401(k) plan. Look forward to saving money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, movies, restaurants, and so much more with our exclusive employee discount program.
Celebrate in Tandem. Join in monthly employee get-togethers, tacos for Cinco de Mayo, corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day, costume-contest for Halloween, and the annual JDRF walk.