Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Architect
at Taylor Design
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Architect with strong technical expertise in architectural design, construction documents, construction, building codes and project coordination issues associated with diverse project types with the delivery of health and wellness space.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Oversee the efficient production of construction documents of multiple projects of all sizes
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to project teams
- Oversee the development, organization and maintenance of construction document production and construction administration systems, tools and best practices
- Integration in all phases including schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration phases of multiple projects
- Engage in continued education and staff professional development, providing personal mentoring to staff plus participation in architectural events, conferences and seminars
- Provide technical leadership at the project level and assist in the development of clients
- California licensed Architect with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience
- Ability to take a lead role in client interviews
- Solid technical background with Type 1 and Type 2 construction experience
- Proven success in working with governmental agencies and OSHPD
- Passionate about building, organizing, leading, motivating and sustaining collaborative teams and cultivating strong business relationships
- Strong technical knowledge of design, building trends, energy efficiency, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer/supplier appropriateness
- Advanced technical knowledge of architectural interior and exterior building systems and codes
- Strong working knowledge of traditional project delivery methods, Design/Build, and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
- Strong working knowledge of contract preparation and construction risk management
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and enjoys working closely with designers, production staff, and project managers, owners, consultants and contractors.
- Strong leadership in professional development and mentoring others
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize development of project documents, and successfully coordinate with internal and external team members
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD software
- Strong expertise in specifications and thorough working knowledge of CSI MasterFormat
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, and Newforma and SpecLink
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com.
FLSA Status: Exempt
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.