Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Video Content Specialist
at Taylor Guitars
- Job Locations
- US-CA-El Cajon
- Job Category
We are looking for a guitar player and proven Content Specialist to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers and leads. The Content Specialist will be responsible for the communication strategy, execution and coordination of all consumer video content and will have experience in cross channel video content marketing and content optimization including text, audio, video and image content, social media marketing and search marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create, edit and manage the production of digital content that is consistent with the organization’s brand, style and tone.
• Build and manage a rich video content calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including vlogs, blog posts (video support).
• Work with Content Marketing Manager in the maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for the planning, execution, optimization, distribution and amplification of the organization’s video content.
• Help execute a video content marketing strategy that supports organizational goals from the top to the bottom of the marketing and sales funnel
• Manage and maintain Taylor-owned video/audio equipment
• Manage video production projects and workflow.
• Help manage outsourced video content creators, videographers, video production teams, editors, etc.
• Monitor and report on video content marketing metrics and show continuous improvement of the content strategy based on analytics.
• Make data-driven decisions to move the team and our video content forward and hit company goals.
• Lead creation of regular video content to be marketed via all inbound channels (social, email, blog, landing pages, etc.).
• Keep the team up-to-date with the latest video trends.
• Keep the team up-to-date with YouTube and video other video channel algorithms.
• Help create timely video content for the company’s social media profiles, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and potentially additional channels.
• Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links.
• Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
• Help manage the Taylor brand within online communities.
• Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
• Help grow our subscriber base by providing them regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs.
• Video content creation - Demonstrated experience with successful management and execution of a content marketing strategies (video; capture, editing and delivering).
• Project Management - Successful experience managing video production projects within a team driven environment.
• Search Engine Optimization - A demonstrated ability to drive traffic to web properties from search engines, with decent knowledge in SEO and VSEO.
• Social Media Marketing - Proven experience using social media channels to distribute and amplify the organization’s content.
• Lead Generation - Demonstrated experience with using digital and/or print content to generate leads and sales.
• Analytics - An excellent command of video insights/analytics within platforms, such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, YouTube, Facebook, to adjust content creation strategy and tactics.
• Communication - Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Dual-minded Approach - You’re highly creative and an excellent videographer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
Education & Experience:
• 5+ plus years’ experience in digital content strategy and tactics including content creation, editing, analytics, social media marketing and search engine optimization.
• 3+ years’ experience in project management and/or management of an in-house and outsourced team.
• Advanced software knowledge: Adobe creative suite including (Premier, After Effects, Photoshop, etc), advanced knowledge of Finalcut Pro, Pluraleyes, Protools, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
• Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Thorough knowledge of search ranking and optimization factors and key algorithm updates.
• Proven content marketer, with experience creating content for the web across several disciplines (text, design, video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.).
• Passion for and experience in playing acoustic guitar.
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand O (Occasionally)
Walk C (Constantly)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel N (Not Applicable)
Bend N (Not Applicable)
10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less N (Not Applicable)
13-25 lbs N (Not Applicable)
26-40 lbs N (Not Applicable)
41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound
Sense of Smell
Sense of Taste
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Sense of Balance