Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TEC Equipment
TEC Equipment is the West’s leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
We have a full-time opportunity for a Service Advisor for our soon to open San Diego, CA location (expected to open 2020). TEC will be moving into San Diego territory effective July 1st, 2019.
Our San Diego, CA location will be a Mack trucks franchise. The person in this role will serve as the liaison between customers and shop, utilizing skill in documentation and communication to manage work orders and facilitate the proper and timely repair of customers' equipment.
In this role you will…
- Complete inspections of customer equipment, document truck information (VIN, mileage, etc.), and use inspection sheets to document thorough information about the truck's issues.
- Understand what needs to be done to the vehicle and address specific concerns of the customer. Communicate all work needed, performed, cost, warranty and make it an overall excellent experience for the customer.
- Use dealer management computer system (ASIST/CDK) to thoroughly open, manage, and ensure efficient work flow and completion of work orders.
- Answer phones with professional and welcoming tone. Provide top notch customer service to all customers (by phone, in person, email, etc.).
- Keep track of status of all trucks in the shop and provide customers with updates according to their preferred method of communication.
What we seek:
- Service Advisor experience in trucking industry highly desired.
- Extremely strong customer service skills and the ability to have compassion for our customers and work well with a wide range of personalities and emotional states.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written (frequent and detailed documentation is required in this position)
- Mechanical inclination and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with data entry and computer skills; experience with ADP/CDK, ASIST, or Decisive is a plus.
- Warranty experience is a plus.
- Commitment to complete Service Advisor training to master-certification level.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.