Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Administrator (Clinical) for NEW MH Long Term Care Step Down ACT/FSP #369
at Telecare Corporation
NEW BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROGRAM IN SAN DIEGO
LONG TERM CARE STEP DOWN ACT/FSP
Projected start date for Administrator is September 1 - September 16, 2019 . Accepting members effective October 14, 2019.
Company mission is to deliver excellent and effective behavioral healthcare services to those in our community suffering from severe and persistent mental illness resulting in complex needs. We desire to de-stigmatize, to share respect, to share decision making and to provide the best care to those in need of our services.
Individuals aged 18-59 years old who are homeless with serious mental illness and who may have a co-occurring substance use disorder, and who are not connected to outpatient services and are in long-term care (LTC) facilities and will be discharged as a step down to the community.
- Competitive administrative salary range
- Medical benefits for you dependents: United Healthcare PPO, United Healthcare HMO, Kaiser HMO
- Group Life Insurance
- Option to enroll in personal life insurance for you dependents
• Masters in Social Services or Public Health
• Four (4) years of experience in an administrative management position in a health care setting
• Two (2) years of responsibility for supervision of professional staff, budgeting, program planning and licensing
• Must have a current professional license (LCSW, LMFT, LPCC)
• Must have an understanding of community mental health services and psychiatric rehabilitation concepts and the Recovery Philosophy
• A successful track record working with, and sensitivity to, multi-cultural populations and issues in urban settings are highly desirable
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid California driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
• Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Program. Responsible for the administrative functioning of the Program.
• Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations
• Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives. Actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times. Acts as liaison between the program and State/County customers and community partners
• Establishes staffing requirements for all departments. Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Program
• Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget
• Supervises all department managers and maintains supervisory authority over personnel assigned to the departments
• Directs recruitment, employee selection, and, when necessary, disciplinary action within the program
• Ensures that the program is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and keeps informed about changes in regulations
• Ensures compliance with Telecare's policies and procedures
• Establishes the vision for the facility
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the program
• Demonstrates an understanding of Telecare's stakeholders, including persons served, families, and customers in all interactions and conduct
• Establishes the culture of the program and creates initiatives that reinforce the culture
• Acts as the program's liaison to the Corporate office, ensuring corporate initiatives are implemented and maintained
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at Outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Knowledgeable about budgeting, HR, and applicable program regulations
• Good communication, team building and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with psychiatric conditions and recovery principles
• Good customer relations skills
• Skilled at identifying and removing barriers to change
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability