Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vocational Rehabilitation Coordinator (Full-Time) - Behavioral Health 331
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, the San Diego Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) program is a high-fidelity ACT FSP program providing services to 57 adults with a serious mental illness who has previously qualified for assisted out-patient services under Laura’s Law. Candidates may be voluntary or Court Ordered. Members may also have a secondary co-existing drug and alcohol diagnosis.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Under direct supervision, serves as a primary support and case manager for individuals with mental illness by assisting them to live as independently as possible in their chosen community.
• Must possess at least 1 year of experience in the area of specialty served (e.g. Housing, Vocational, Dual Diagnosis, etc.)
• In San Diego County, Bachelor’s degree required and two (2) years in a mental health setting
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
• Four (4) years’ experience in a mental health setting
• Experience providing intensive case management and/or intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts
• Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment, or community mental health service
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborates with members served to create Recovery Plan goals and ensure all services described in the Recovery Plan are provided
• Consistent with area of expertise, provides specialized services and interventions related to housing or education/employment, including thematic groups, evidence based practices, and collaboration with external agencies and resources
• Facilitates groups according to the needs and interests of members served
• Provides appropriate interventions in crisis situations
• On a rotating basis, performs officer of the day functions for both wellness, duty and stand by duty tasks
• Collects required data and completes required documentation
• Coordinates transitions to lower levels of care
• Maintains awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
• Assists members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living
• Assists members served in making and getting to essential appointments
• Assists and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits; provide representative payee services
• Ensures that members served understand their legal status and rights
• Helps members served achieve greater independence and autonomy
• Safeguards confidentiality; adheres to HIPPA policies
• Provides wraparound services that encompass whole person care
• Provides transportation when needed and appropriate and linkage to community resources
• If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and the program van (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety)
• Thorough understanding of the rights of members served and relevant legal processes
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Good computer/technology skills
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Ability to easily build rapport, maintain engagement with members served, and hold hope in the face of adversity
• Excellent driving skills
• Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Within three (3) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires driving and frequent hazardous exposure (blood borne pathogens, hospital waste, chemicals, and infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability