The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time CASE MANAGER
at The Geo Group
Compensation Base: $19.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position manages a caseload of participant cases by administering the policies and procedures of the program as directed by the contracting agency and the Program Manager or Supervising Case Manager. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
This position reports on program operations to ensure that all requirements of the criminal justice system are met.
This is a part time position, the shift will be 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM two days during the week. The schedule will also include weekends and holidays 8:50 AM to 1:00 PM.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a participant caseload using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned participant.
- Meets regularly with participants and documents participants’ progress or regress in Company database.
- Conducts orientation meetings with new participants to explain program rules and regulations.
- Verbally explains the participant contract in detail to ensure that the participant understands his/her responsibilities.
- Installs electronic monitoring equipment on new participants when necessary.
- Sets participant schedules and specifies all approved activities based on sentencing information.
- Approves temporary schedule changes for approved activities.
- Collects participant fees on an on-going basis when required. Notifies the Program Manager of delinquent fees.
- Monitors participant compliance with alcohol and/or drug counseling when required.
- Reports all program violations to the appropriate agency or official via the established reporting parameters.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and relays technical problems to the Program Manager for resolution.
- May review daily summaries each morning and forward reports to the appropriate agency as required.
- Reports on the status of program operations regularly to ensure all necessary documentation is prepared for court review.
- Represents the company in contacts with elected officials and other public figures in the criminal justice system.
- Facilitate evidence-based CBT programs and other life skills programs to participants groups each week.
- Documents participants’ attendance, participation and progress in Company database.
- Conducts group and individual meetings utilizing motivational interviewing techniques.
- Works with participants to develop and implement a rehabilitative plan.
- May testify in court regarding participants’ compliance with court orders.
- May screen participants at jail for entry into the program.
- Provide face-to-face services to the DRC participants
- Develop CMPs for participants
- Develop and monitor the participant’s progress relative to their CMP through all phases of the program.
- Make appropriate referrals to outside agencies as necessary.
- Maintain progress notes in participant files.
- Keep the AOR apprised of participant’s progress.
- Develop an exit plan to include discharge and aftercare information.
- May be required to learn and develop proficiency in Client Services Specialist duties, including opening and closing the office, and performing participant intakes, check-ins, breath analysis and drug screens, to provide backup when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The Caseworker position shall possess an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree from a granting institution accredited by the WASC or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with the criminal justice population.
- A CBT Facilitator certification is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of case management, referral services and interventions in both group and individual modalities.
- Basic knowledge of criminal justice system.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required.