The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Western Region Detention Facility at San Diego
Compensation Base: $15.33 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, this position operates the facility telephone system to direct incoming calls and place outgoing calls. In addition, it greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors, and arranges for transportation services when needed. Finally, this position may provide a variety of clerical support activities as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel. Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- May update appointment calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- May take payments for services and products.
- May prepare travel vouchers.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pleasant demeanor, ability to multi-task and provide superior customer service is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Experience in office procedures and related clerical duties preferred.
- Ability to provide effective customer service by responding promptly to customer needs, services, and inquiries.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to listen to others without interrupting and keeping emotions under control.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; and respond well to questions.
- Ability to treat people with respect.
- Ability to keep commitments; work with integrity and ethically; and uphold organizational values.
- Ability to follows policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; and support the organization's goals and values.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands and adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must be consistent at work and on time and ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Must follow instructions and respond accordingly to management direction.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.