Toyota Tsusho America, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Toyota Tsusho America, Inc.
To provide leadership, supervision, and coaching to subordinates, while maintaining overall operations and improvement of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and supervises other employees
- Coordinates load balance between members
- Oversees the day-to-day operations, training and development of staff
- Assigns work, meets completion dates and interprets & ensures consistent application of policies and procedures
- Advises management and other employees on employee relations and policy and procedure issues.
- Resolves problems & issues and implements ways for continuous improvement.
- Gathers, analyzes, and reports information in a concise and timely manner.
- Develops work instructions, procedures, & training programs
- Coordinates flow of information among groups.
- Communicates with subordinates, peers and management
- Other duties may be assigned
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsible for training employees, directing or distributing work, handling employee’s complaints, determining and/or planning work. Responsible for initiating hiring, disciplining, termination, and appraisal of work of employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach, climb use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20. Specific close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. May require long hours sitting and staring at a computer monitor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be required to travel. Open office environment.
Basic computer skills including word-processing, PowerPoint, and Excel are required for this position. May be required to use J.D. Edwards.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Typically a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 6 – 9 years experience, including supervisory experience