TRI Pointe Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Care Manager - Pardee Homes (San Diego)
at TRI Pointe Group, Inc.
Are you interested in joining an infectious company culture where accountability, top performance and teamwork are valued and rewarded? A company that is celebrating more than 95 years in the home building industry.
Pardee Homes is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Customer Care Manager in our San Diego office.
Position Highlights: To lead the customer care team to ensure great customer experiences are delivered to homeowners, while following company expectations
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains Customer Care team/employees.
- Mentor team members by providing leadership, ongoing development, and strong learning experiences while establishing goals and coaching performance to meet business targets.
- Models and reinforces actions consistent with the Company’s values, vision and culture in line with the core competencies listed on the following page(s).
- Conduct regular staff meetings and training sessions.
- Manage overall workload of customer care department by tracking open service orders and assigning workflow and responsibilities. Establishes productivity level that can be used to pre-determine hiring needs.
- Provides training for sales, construction teams, and outside parties on proper expectation-setting for warranty program.
- Ensure communities are within the budgetary guidelines by monitoring and analyzing job cost and schedule.
- Identify any budget variances and identify ways to eliminate unnecessary variances.
- Ensures understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices.
- Keep Brand/Division Leadership informed of potential homeowner issues where major cost factors may be encountered. Create and distribute departmental and division reports to Brand/Division Leadership.
- Track and review industry trends and work with production and purchasing departments on improvement opportunities. Seize opportunities to benchmark and share best practices with other division offices and departments.
- Proactively works with brand/division management to improve purchasing, construction and selling practices, and proper expectation setting, to reduce the frequency of customer complaints.
- Monitor and allocate staffing levels to adequately maintain coverage for all customer care requests. Review customer care signoffs to ensure full completion of warranty service requests and complete follow-up phone interview with homeowners and subcontractors to ensure 100% of all warranty repairs have been completed to the warranty guidelines and standards.
- Ensure all department team members respond to homeowner issues in a timely, efficient, neat, courteous, professional and appropriate manner - related to warranty items that need repair, within the parameters of the warranty manual, company brand/ division guidelines, and Customer Care department’s policies and procedures (this includes communicating in person, phone, email or text).
- Perform accurate assessments of service requests submitted by homeowners (assist Customer Care Representatives in determining what is covered, not covered).
- Ensure customer care team builds strong relationships and maintains appropriate and regular contact with homeowners and trade partners, with updates regarding Customer Care requests, product information and warranty coverage details. Handle customers who have escalated requests to involve management.
- Actively participate in Eliant Survey reviews and follow up with Customer Care department team members, homeowners and trade partners to increase survey response rates and satisfaction results.
- Ensure Customer Care team members perform quality control inspections and homeowner orientations within company guidelines.
- Ensure all work orders, orientations/quality walks, purchase orders, and any other Customer Care documents or essential work processes are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Control and be responsible for all warranty costs. Establish and hold team accountable to regular hourly rates and not to exceed amounts. Negotiate with trade partners and/or investigate above normal estimates and invoices. Track individual expenditures in Concur or other accounting programs. Approve vendor invoices for payment.
- Work collaboratively with management and all company team members, lead weekly site team meetings and work with supporting trade partners to deliver quality new homes. Point out any special conditions or issues on existing properties to customers.
- May assist construction team to ensure proper preparation and quality control finish of each new home prior to delivery to homebuyers.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date product and home care knowledge in order to provide feature/function/benefit information to homeowners, train department team members and set proper maintenance and performance expectations.
- Ensure Customer Care database and/or IT application systems are up-to-date with respect to scheduling dates, service providers, and other relevant information.
- Ensure proper department coordination and scheduling of trade partners to perform necessary Customer Care repairs.
- Ensure department team members properly evaluate/inspect work done by trade partners.
- Ensure proper coordination and scheduling of trade partners to handle service requests completely and cleanly on the first trip.
- Thoroughly understand scopes of work and engage trade partners to improve quality and efficiency.
- Review and understand building plan documents.
- Work with production team and management to ensure aligned understanding of where the most time should be spent (critical tasks) during the homebuilding process and how the quality of various homebuilding materials is determined, from foundation to finish – to improve livability and customer satisfaction. Utilize “service trends” to benchmark improvement areas needed in the construction process.
- Maintain positive relations with third party players who are part of the operating process, such as trade partners, architects, designers, etc.
- Understand the critical milestones in the construction management process from start to finish, and how such milestones (activities during such) play into customer service issues/requests.
- Stay abreast of value engineering best practices to help the management team mitigate cost without loss of value to the customer and quality.
- Build strong relationships with the trade partner/contractor base and ensures trade relations are held accountable and managed appropriately. Provide regularly feedback and evaluations of trade partners to Production and Purchasing leadership team members.
- Ability to understand core components of various scopes of work to ensure trade partner accountability.
- Hold team members and trade partners accountable to complying with federal/state/local regulations and following proper procedures to respond to audits and inspections.
- Interact with local Code Enforcement officials and the State Contractors Board as required.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, civil and clean work environment within all work sites. Abide by individual employee safety policy’s, stay up to date with jobsite safety training and guidelines, and exercise the courage to intervene and report any unsafe work conditions.
- Maintain all company provided equipment in compliance with company policies.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in directing, coordinating and supervising staff in Customer Care (homebuilding a plus).
- 2+ years of leadership/management experience required.
- Strong PC computer skills required, with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook), Adobe Pro and internet-based programs such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Prior experience with Corrigo is a plus.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle and auto insurance.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Pardee Homes is a member of TRI Pointe Group® (NYSE: TPH), a family of premium regional homebuilders.
- Pardee Homes Inland Empire was recognized as 2017 Builder of the Year by the Building Industry Association of Southern California – Riverside County Chapter.
- The company was among the first to embrace master-planned community concepts, green homebuilding measures, environmentally sensitive development practices, and customer-focused processes for new home purchases.
- Pardee Homes is also widely known for its steadfast civic outreach, and has earned scores of honors for customer service, green and sustainable building practices, architectural design, master-planned communities, and marketing.
For more information, please visit www.PardeeHomes.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.