Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACCESS MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- PD .2
- Cost Center/Dept
- 8560 - Admitting
- Work Schedule
- Rotate, including weekends.
Interviews patient or patients’ representative to obtain necessary personal, financial, and demographic information. Prepares patient record and inputs into computer. Obtains and verifies insurance coverage. Completes and obtains signatures on required forms. Collects co-payments, deductibles, and other cash payments as needed. Balances daily payment sheets. Routes patient demographics to pertinent departments. Demonstrates extraordinary commitment to excellence by adhering to department excellence criteria.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Maintains excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with co-workers, TCMC staff, patients, physicians, and the public.
- Interviews patient or representative and enters complete information into the computer. Obtains all pertinent signatures, insurance information, and financial data to protect the hospital’s financial reimbursement.
- Performs special assigned duties to meet the needs of the department.
- Assumes cashiering responsibilities after hours and weekends.
- Verifies with OR Department for cancellations and add-ons for next day surgery schedule. Secures all scheduled services for Inpatient Surgery, SDS, and Outpatient Ancillary from scheduling.
- Verifies insurance eligibility, benefits, and authorization prior to service date. Notifies patient of any deposits/deductibles needed prior to admit date.
- Coordinates patient information to Bed Coordinator for patients who require a leaded room, or any other medical admit that is not on surgery schedule.
- Obtains estimates for surgery costs for patients upon request.
- Assures that the patient is appropriate to withstand routine registration procedures; is escorted to the proper service area; and has had their questions and concerns answered.
- The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
- 1-year medical office/hospital/healthcare insurance billing and third payer authorization experience. Will consider a combination of relevant customer service experience and education in lieu of 1-year medical office/hospital insurance billing experience.
- Requires typing skills of 35 wpm, and data entry/CRT experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.