Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Receptionist - Physical Therapy
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- Full-Time 1.0
- Cost Center/Dept
- 7095 - OSNC
- Work Schedule
The Physical Therapy Front Desk Receptionist greets each patient in a warm, professional manner as they enter the clinic. Gives appropriate forms to new patients and updates forms as necessary for established patients. Collects patient co-payments and any past due balance at check in; enforces office financial policies. Scans patient’s insurance card and identification card. Makes patient appointments in a timely manner. Maintains therapist schedules to ensure that all slots are full. Completes registration process when patient arrives for appointment. Verifies benefits and eligibility; obtains authorizations for treatment. Serves as a liaison between the patient and medical support staff. Files and scans charts as necessary. Takes messages appropriately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the flow of patients to ensure that therapists avoid excessive waiting time
- Answers phones, schedules appointments, verifies benefits and obtains prior authorizations
- Obtains demographic patient information for the medical record, including address, responsible party, emergency contacts, phone numbers, employer and billing information
- Assembles and prepares charts for use by therapists
- Maintains an accurate filing and labeling system so that medical charts can be easily retrieved
- Inputs each patient’s clinic visits into the billing system
- Ensures that all charge tickets are completed with appropriate information
- Ensure that all clinic forms are in adequate supply
- Ensures that waiting area and front office are need and presentable
- Communicates with Director regarding issues that may affect the effectiveness, efficiency of patient care
- Implements and enforces financial policies, including collection of co-pays and balances
- Promotes excellent personal relations and communication with all patients and members of the clinic staff
- Files all paper in charts and scans chart into document manager
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned
- Makes every attempt to reduce expense & maximizes productive & revenue
- Onboarding and training of new Front Desk Receptionists
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean environment, including department/unit based safety and infection control requirements.
ESSENTIAL ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the Medical Center’s Mission and Values and those that reflect the “Seven Standards of Service Excellence”.
- Performs job responsibilities in an ethical, compliant manner consistent with the Medical Center’s values, policies, procedures and code of conduct.
- Works well with team members toward a common purpose. Reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group. Supports the team’s decisions, regardless of individual viewpoint.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedules and assignments in order to meet the needs of the Work Unit/Department.
- Utilizes, maintains, and allocates equipment and supplies in a cost effective and efficient manner. Improves productivity through proper time management
- Seeks feedback from customers and team members in order to identify and improve processes and outcomes.
Qualifications: COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of medical office procedures; including scheduling, verifying benefits, obtaining authorizations
- Ability to schedule patients; minimizing holes in the schedules
- Working Knowledge on report preparation, correspondence using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Working Knowledge of how to competently use Microsoft Office
- Answers phones in a pleasant manner, obtaining necessary information for messages on appropriate forms
- Maintains and accurate filing system and labeling system so that medical charts can easily be retrieved
- Able to enforce financial policies such as collecting co-pays and balances
- Demonstrates positive attitude in support of necessary change
- Able to perform weekly chart audits for expired authorizations, prescriptions and absenteeism
- Able to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, employees and the public
- High School Diploma (Required): Prefer a 2-4 business degree or graduate from medical receptionist program
- Prior experience working in a similar setting preferred
- Exceptional skills in organization and communication with health care providers and patients