Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NUCLEAR MED TECH
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- PD .2
- Cost Center/Dept
- 7650 - Nuclear Medicine
- Work Schedule
- As needed weekdays, weekends, On call, holiday rotation
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is a professional caregiver who works independently under the guidance of the Radiologist and the Radiation Safety Officer. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible for the performance of Nuclear Medicine Diagnostic Radioassay and Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine examinations accordance with established procedures and policies in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in patients of all age groups. Technologist follows all regulatory agency guidelines in performing safety and calibration duties and examinations. Utilizing electronic platforms, (Imaging systems, EMAR and Pacs), assures accurate billing, file documentation and records information related to exams. . Performs other activities in support of clinical team members when not engaged in imaging activities. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist provides services in a manner consistent with TCMC’s mission and values.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Prepare and administers radiophamaceuticals
- Use of nuclear instrumentation to perform accurate isotope assay
- Perform in vivo and diagnostic procedures
- Performs daily quality control technique to maintain all quality assurance regulations
- Proficient use of a technetium-99 generator
- Participates in all licensing, regulatory, and accrediting regulations.
- Proficient in radionuclide chemistry and organ dose assessment.
- Works closely with the nuclear medicine physician to ensure exam appropriateness
- Performs IV injections
- Follows all radiation safety policies
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities:
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Minimum 1 year of experience in a hospital environment preferred. Good Customer Service Skills; Apply knowledge of radiation physics and safety regulations to limit radiation exposure, prepare and administer radioisotopes. Strong knowledge of radiation physics, radiation biology, radionuclide chemistry and radiation safety.
CTNM (California Registered Certified Technologist in Nuclear Medicine) license and
1) ARRT N (American Registry of Radiologic Technology NUCLEAR MEDICINE)
2) NMTCB (Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board)
- BLS required upon hire
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.