Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PBX/ANSWERING SERVICE OPERATOR
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- PD .2
- Cost Center/Dept
- 8470 - Communications PBX
- Work Schedule
- Variable hours and shifts
Operates a multiple-position switchboard, including handling incoming, outgoing and intra-service calls. Communicates information in a clear and concise manner.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone calls and routine inquires, making necessary connections on system. Effectively processes both PBX and Physician Answering Service calls. Processes and documents all calls through the computer system per policy and procedure.
- Handles Code calls and stat calls per established policy and procedure.
- May operate emergency radio network equipment. Records messages and checks for accuracy prior to transmission.
- Pages, locates and relays messages for physicians and hospital personnel.
- Communicates information in a clear and concise and professional manner at all times.
- Updates and maintains Physician Answering service on call log book and department logs as directed.
- Validates and documents customer complaints according to standard.
- Meets internal and external customer service expectations and promotes departmental and hospital continuous quality and performance improvement.
- Demonstrates initiative by utilizing unassigned time to complete tasks specific to the Department.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE
One year PBX/Call Center experience or telephone customer service experience in a high volume environment, required. Previous experience in a hospital setting, preferred.
Must type accurate, efficient and effective messages on the communications computer system, required.
Ability to answer calls promptly and accurately in a precise clear manner, required.
Excellent, professional and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with diverse groups of people, required.
Must possess the ability to sit at a desk extended length of time, required.
Ability to walk on varying surfaces, varying distances and sustained duration, required.
Knowledge of basic medical terminology, preferred.
Maintains utmost confidentiality, required.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.