Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist - OSNC
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- PD .2
- Cost Center/Dept
- 7095 - OSNC
- Work Schedule
The Physical Therapist is responsible for evaluation and treatment of patients; supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and related activities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides physical therapy evaluations and treatments
- Treats patients according to the physician’s treatment plan
- Communicates with supervisor and other health care interdisciplinary team members regarding patient progress, problems or plans
- Records evaluations, daily treatment notes, monthly progress notes, discharge summaries and charge tickets timely and completely
- Demonstrates behavior that protects the safety of self/others and of the physical plant and equipment. Follows policy when accidents occur.
- Attends departmental, Utilization Review and other meetings as requested
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- Follows clinical and personnel policies
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and/or Physical Therapy Aides in direct patient care and related activities
- Assists in training and orientation of new staff as requested
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism, respect and confidentiality with patients and staff
- Keeps regular clinic hours, as approved by supervisor
- Complies with the Physical Therapy act in California
- Demonstrates effective communication methods; either written, verbal, non-verbal or electronic
- Follows up with front office related issues using the appropriate chain of command
- Has a positive influence on others
- Listens to and acknowledges the concerns of patients and co-workers. Communicates effectively with patients and co-workers, exchanging information and opinions constructively
- Treats all patients with respect
- Is punctual for shift. Fills out timecard correctly, obtaining authorization for overtime and schedule changes from supervisor. Observes policies regarding break/meal times, time off and calling in sick.
- Performs all other miscellaneous job related duties as assigned
- Makes every attempt to reduce expense & maximizes productive & revenue
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean environment, including department/unit based safety and infection control requirements.
ESSENTIAL ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the Medical Center’s Mission and Values and those that reflect the “Seven Standards of Service Excellence”.
- Performs job responsibilities in an ethical, compliant manner consistent with the Medical Center’s values, policies, procedures and code of conduct.
- Works well with team members toward a common purpose. Reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group. Supports the team’s decisions, regardless of individual viewpoint.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedules and assignments in order to meet the needs of the Work Unit/Department.
- Utilizes, maintains, and allocates equipment and supplies in a cost effective and efficient manner. Improves productivity through proper time management
- Seeks feedback from customers and team members in order to identify and improve processes and outcomes.
Qualifications: COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of physical therapy principles and practices
- Working knowledge and competent usage of Microsoft Office
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks required
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, physicians, staff and families
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion and decision making
- Ability to work effectively in a team and foster a team building approach with co-workers
- Currently licensed as a Physical Therapist in California
- CPR Certified, required
- Current BCLS certification required