Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT - OSNC
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- Full-Time 1.0
- Cost Center/Dept
- 7095 - OSNC
- Work Schedule
- Mon - Fri
The Physician’s Assistant is primarily responsible for providing clinical services. This person assesses and assists in development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinical services. The Physician Assistant implements clinical programs as appropriate, and assists in continuous quality improvement activities. The Physician Assistant functions professionally as an active member of a multidisciplinary team to coordinate efforts that maximize clinical and financial outcomes. The PA works independently and collaboratively with Physicians and other health care employees to effectively manage the healthcare needs of patients.
- Provides clinical services
- Assesses all patients to determine appropriate treatment plan with and without direct oversight by physician
- Performs complete, detailed and accurate histories, reviews patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports, orders laboratory, radiological and diagnostics studies appropriate for complaint, age race, sex and physical condition of the patient
- Completes physical examinations and records pertinent data I acceptable medical forms and EMR
- Interprets and evaluates patient data including physical exam findings and lab/diagnostics to determine patient management treatment
- Makes medical diagnosis and institutes therapy or referral of patients to the appropriate healthcare facilities, agencies, other resources of the community, or other physicians
- Performs in office procedures as appropriate including injections with and without ultrasound, aspirations, suturing and would care and infection management.
- Prescribes medication when needed
- Educates patients regarding condition and treatment options including conservative and surgical management. Provides health and wellness advice to patients and caregivers
- Sees patients pre-operatively to go over procedure, rehab process, gains consents and provides with any DME needed after surgery and post-op pain meds
- Follows patients post operatively and orders therapy and services when needed. Progresses patients through the healing process at all stages in their recovery
- Arranges hospital admissions and discharges at the direction of the Supervising Physician; performs hospital rounds and records appropriate patient progress notes; accurately and appropriately transcribes and executes specific orders, which must be signed with a specified time period as defined by the guidelines
- Works collaboratively with the Physicians, Health Care Professionals and other Staff to efficiently and effectively provide clinical services
- Performs other duties all other duties as assigned
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean environment, including department/unit based safety and infection control requirements.
ESSENTIAL ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the Medical Center’s Mission and Values
- Performs job responsibilities in an ethical, compliant manner consistent with the Medical Center’s values, policies, procedures and code of conduct.
- Works well with team members toward a common purpose. Reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group. Supports the team’s decisions, regardless of individual viewpoint.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedules and assignments in order to meet the needs of the Work Unit/Department.
- Utilizes, maintains, and allocates equipment and supplies in a cost effective and efficient manner. Improves productivity through proper time management
- Seeks feedback from customers and team members in order to identify and improve processes and outcomes.
Qualifications: ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of Physician Assistant experience, preferred
- Completion of all Physician Assistant clinical requirements, required
- Previous orthopedic clinical experience, preferred
- Computer proficiency, required
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to present ideas in a business friendly and user friendly language
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from employees and clients
- Speaks clearly and makes effective and persuasive arguments and presentations
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program, required
- Current Physician Assistant license, required
- Current DEA license, required
- Must maintain current National Certification, required
- Current BLS Certification, required