Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RAD TECH - CATH LAB
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- Full-Time 1.0
- Cost Center/Dept
- 7570 - Cardiac Cath Lab
- Work Schedule
- Day shift and on call
The licensed Rad Tech Cath Lab is a caregiver who assists in the performance of the cardiac catheterization by
assuring the imaging quality and storage of images according to departmental standards. Operates the fluoroscopy equipment in a manner that provides the highest quality image for the cardiologist to perform diagnostic and therapeutic catheterization. Responsibilities include appropriate billing for each procedure. Assists the Cardiologist in a scrub assistant role for all types of catheterization procedures. Responsibilities include homodynamic monitoring, collection and calculation of data.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Fulfills all duties and responsibilities of the Rad Tech - Cath Lab.
- Assures the proper operation and performance of imaging equipment in the cardiac catheterization lab.
- Assist Physician with proper images and sequences to facilitate diagnostic & interventional procedures.
- Manages interdepartmental communication flow in and out of lab such as pages, lab specimens, housekeeping requests etc.
- Fulfills the role of Monitor Technician. Acquires homodynamic and electrophysiological parameters through computer sampling.
- Enters changes as dictated by the catheterization procedure and prepares requisitions for the ordering of supplies.
- Assist the physician as a scrub technician in the execution of diagnostic coronary arteriography and cardiac interventions.
- Maintains a high level of competence in the three areas of rotation, Radiographic Technician/Monitor Technician/Scrub Technician with demonstrated annual continuing education credit/conference attendance.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements
- Minimum of two (2) years catheterization lab experience or may consider recent graduate, within past 2 years, from a Radiology Technology program, required.
- CRT (CA Radiologic Technology certificate), required.
- CA Fluoroscopy permit, required.
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists), required.
- Current BLS, required.
- Current ACLS certification (ACLS required within 6 months of hire date).
- Additional Unit specific certification may be required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.