Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN III/HOME HEALTH
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- Full-Time 1.0
- Cost Center/Dept
- 7290 - Home Health Care
- Work Schedule
- M-F 08:00a - 4:30p; rotating weekends, on-call and holidays based on agency needs
Maintains professional standards of conduct and ethics as outlined in department expectations and professional organizations. Provides education to patients, families, caregivers and other health professionals.
Assists in the supervision of other staff members, students and volunteers as appropriate.
A Home Care registered nurse provides skilled and licensed care and services to patients in their home. The RN utilizes skills to promote the Home Care benefit to the patient and develop and revise the plan of care.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Possesses good patient assessment skills.
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary team to develop a plan of care to meet patient/family/caregiver needs.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and performs within scope of practice.
- Delegates, monitors and supervises paraprofessional staff and makes adjustments to assignments as needed.
- Performs documentation duties in the agency and in each patient record according to agency policy.
- At least one year experience as a staff nurse in an acute hospital, SNF, or home care setting required
- At least one year recent Medicare certified home health experience, preferred (Home care only).
- Wound vacs, PICC care, IV Therapy, preferred (Home care)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, required.
- BSN, preferred.
- Current California Nursing License, required.
- Current drivers license and current automobile insurance, required (Home care only).
- Current BLS certification, required.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.