Tri-City Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tri-City Medical Center
- FTE Status
- Full-Time 1.0
- Cost Center/Dept
- 8450 - Plant Operations
- Work Schedule
- All Shifts as needed
Operates and maintains boilers, air compressors, water softeners, emergency generators, chillers, fire alarm and fire suppression system, normal and emergency power distribution system, medical gas system, elevators, air handlers, pneumatic and electrical controls and heating water systems to provide a safe and comfortable environment within the hospital.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Performs daily/shift rounds and makes adjustments or repairs as required. Records repairs and status of equipment in daily log.
- Operates, monitors, and makes corrections as required to boilers and auxiliary equipment throughout the plant and hospital to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Responds promptly to heating, cooling and trouble calls throughout the hospital.
- Using the computer and visual observations, constantly monitors parameters, adjusting heating and cooling systems to maximize the comfort of patients and staff.
- Fully complies with safety regulations.
- Performs scheduled PM’s and emergency repairs to ensure proper operation of equipment and safety of personnel.
- Represents Engineering Department, acting as Senior Engineer on PM/Night Shifts and on weekends and holidays. Assists and backs up Building Engineering personnel and works with Police and Fire Department and PBX in case of emergency.
- Tests and treats boilers and HVAC Water Treatment Systems daily
- Perform fire drills according to schedules
- Ensure that Emergency generators are ready at all time.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
- Four years experience in Plant Engineering, familiar with boilers, chillers, emergency power systems, thermal storage systems, energy management systems, required.
- Hospital experience preferred.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Current California Driver License, required.
Senior Healthcare Mechanic Certification after two years of employment with Tri-City Medical Center preferred.