TriMark R.W. Smith & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Support Clerk (San Diego, CA)
at TriMark R.W. Smith & Co.
San Diego, CA - Corporate Office
# of openings:
Summary: To perform accurate and timely support functions for the Credit and Collections Department including: cash application received from our lock box, processing other avenues of payment (i.e. credit card transactions, COD conversions, ACH payments, EFT payments). Setting up new customers and making changes to the SX address book set-up. Heavy emphasis on customer service, working with other departments and customers as necessary to streamline and protect the integrity of accounts receivable. Take ownership of having a proactive approach in following policies and procedures to effectively control the integrity of accounts receivable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify payments received from our lockbox by downloading the applicable information
- Request trade and bank references as directed by the Credit Analyst and/or Credit and Collections Manager
- Maintain departmental files as necessary
- Process credit card transactions
- Mail monthly statements to customers and/or oversee that they are being mailed out timely by an administrator
- Generate monthly reports as directed by the Credit and Collections Manager
- Reconcile cash, counter sales, and sample accounts
- Assist in generation of “proforma” invoices
- Obtain POD’s as requested
- Generate correspondence as directed by the Credit and Collections department staff
- Verify funds on checks as needed
- Process customer refunds as directed
- Process the reinstatement of NSF’s or stop payments to the AR
- New account set ups in SX and/or changes to ship to addresses
- Working with the G/L team to ensure accuracy of county tax code set up
- Run the billing error exception report daily to capture any failed invoice transitions (i.e. Fax, email).
- Contact the applicable customer to request updated billing information
- Answer and redirect any incoming phone calls from the A/R hot line
- Provide invoice copies and/or statements as requested by our internal and external customers
- Follow department policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations as to possible improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- Perform clearing transactions in SX against the G/L as directed by credit and collections department personnel
- Calls or writes to credit bureaus, employers, and personal references to check credit and personal references.
- Keeps record or file of credit transactions, deposits, and payments, and sends letters or confers with customers having delinquent accounts to make payment.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job. Employees are expected to be at work and available to complete their daily assignments as scheduled.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1+ years of recent , administrative support experience
- Must be able to deal with many types of personalities with professionalism.
- Experience working together with sales people.
- Understanding of the 5 c's of credit, financial statement analysis, cross corporate guarantees, and personal guarantees.
- Computer Skills: intermediate excel skills; hands-on knowledge and skills using Microsoft Office, accounting software and order processing systems.
- Language Ability: E xcellent verbal and written communications skills; k nowledge of accounting terms; ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; and, ability to write simple correspondence.
- Math Ability: Basic math skills; and, ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Prior credit and collections experience in a distribution and/or foodservice industr y is a plus.
- College coursework in finance and/or business administration as well as NACM membership/certification would be helpful.
- ERP experience.
Our Benefits Package:
Our total compensation package includes market competitive base salaries; bonus programs; and, employee benefits, which are available after 30 days of consecutive full-time employment. Our paid time off program includes paid vacation, sick leave and nine paid holidays.
Additionally, TriMark offers medical insurance with prescription drug coverage; dental, vision and life insurance programs; and 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage. Full time employees are also eligible to participate in the Section 125 pre-tax premium plan, health and dependent care spending accounts; and, our pre- and post-tax 401(k) retirement savings plans.
TriMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
TriMark will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our Career Center as a result of your disability. To request assistance or an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com
On ly local applicants will be considered for this position. Relocation costs are not covered by TriMark.
Employment with TriMark may be contingent upon successfully complying with the Company's post-offer, pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, a background check, and a motor vehicle record pull. Employees who either drive a company-owned vehicle or routinely drive their own vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the Company may be required to annually participate in our motor vehicle record pull, and to provide the Company with a copy of their driver's license and motor vehicle insurance, which must be maintained throughout employment.
We provide a smoke-free and drug-free work environment.
Third-party recruiters and agencies without a current signed contract should not respond to this posting.