Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Dispatcher - Research Facility in La Jolla
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Dispatch Security Officer Professional. Security Operation is very important to the safety and security of our clients’ facilities. Our professional dispatch officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is “to serve, secure, and care for the people and businesses in our communities.”
A little about our company:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America’s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth.
You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We promote from within our company!?For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program.?Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Dispatch Security Officer Professional. Security Operation is very important to the safety and security of our clients’ facilities. Our professional dispatch officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is “to serve, secure, and care for the people and businesses in our communities.” The Dispatch Security Officer Professional will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This can include, but is not limited to natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire, and issues of serious injury or illness. Professional Security Operations Center Officer positions require heavy use of computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and other operating systems.
Dispatch Security Officer Professionals are tasked with performing many essential functions at the facility where they work. Although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Monitor fire and intrusion detections systems
- Maintain daily logs
- Conduct camera tours
- Generate reports on Safety, Quality, and Tip Line calls
- Mitigate emergencies, dispatch, and notify appropriate personnel
- Update emergency contact lists
- Update policy and procedure manuals
- Update building emergency contacts
- Attend required training
- Monitor alarms, and notify proper personnel
Qualified applicants for the Dispatch Security Officer Professional position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignment
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 150,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com or http://www.aus.com/offices to contact your local office.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.