Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security 'Flex' Officer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
The 'Flex' Security Officer won't have a permanent schedule however; due to the nature of the position Flex officers still recieve 40+ hours per week.
This position is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Professional Security Officer - Flex act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions and detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property by reporting safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Greet guests and employees in a professional, welcoming manner and answer any questions they might have
- Required to work for multiple clients at multiple locations; covering special projects, call offs, vacations and open shifts
- Must be available to work any time and day
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; at least 18 years of age
- Be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying, maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the License at all times while on duty
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner, including with clients
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 150,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.