USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BSA - AML Compliance Specialist I
at USE Credit Union
- Job ID
- Risk Management
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have an eye for detail? USE’s Risk Management Department is the perfect place for you! As a BSA-AML Compliance Specialist I, you’ll have the chance to help ensure the safety and soundness of USE. Become part of a team that is key in reducing operational errors, minimizing fraud and ensuring appropriate management and control of risk. Do you have what it takes?
- Analyze and report member financial transactions and other member activity with primary focus on detection of potential money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, structuring, and other illegal activities in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act.
- Use specialized software to identify and determine accounts requiring review for potential suspicious activity.
- Investigate inappropriate and/or suspicious account activity and prepare/file Currency Transaction Reports and Suspicious Activity Reports within regulatory timelines.
- Maintain all documentation and reports related to Monetary Instrument Logs, 314a and 314b processing, enhanced due diligence, customer/member due diligence, beneficial ownership, etc. in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Perform OFAC verifications on various operations software systems and serve as an escalation point for branches and department regarding possible OFAC matches and related questions.
- Maintain knowledge of all BSA-AML related laws and regulations impacting the credit union.Assist with the maintenance of credit union disclosures and forms in compliance with applicable BSA-AML regulations.
- Provide organization support for questions regarding BSA-AML operations questions using established policies and procedures as guidance.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of credit union policies and procedures, and apply critical thinking skills to more complex and exception situations.
- Provide support, as needed, to the Enterprise Risk Management department, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university preferred; and minimum three years’ experience in a financial institution or related field. Related experience, skills or certifications may be substituted for education.
- At least one year of investigations experience, preferably in security, fraud, or anti-money laundering with a thorough knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering Laws, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC.
- Proficiency on the Patriot Officer Software system preferred.
- Certifications related to BSA-AML Compliance preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Must be able to apply banking concepts and financial calculations during investigations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to follow verbal or written instructions, and ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use.
- Must be willing to attend external training and successfully become certified, if requested by management.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.