USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consumer Loan Utility Specialist
at USE Credit Union
- Job ID
- Consumer Lending
- Regular Full-Time
Are you Innovative and Relationship Focused? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? USE’s Consumer Lending Department is the perfect place for you! As a Consumer Loan Utility Specialist, you’ll have the chance to help members achieve their dreams. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Retail Branches Loan Support for assistance and guidance for:
- Processing, income verification and stipulation verification.
- Problem Resolution
- Conducts needs assessment pertinent to the goals of the learning solution. Gathers and evaluates target population, environment, resources, and information; analyzes findings and defines basic outcomes of the learning solution to solve the problem or meet the opportunity.
- Drives improvement results through learning solutions by setting goals, tracking progress, and making course corrections and/or recommendations for next steps.
- Collaborates with managers, supervisors and staff to gain knowledge of work areas and topics requiring training and supports organizational needs and objectives.
- Works with training to design, develop and facilitate funding/processing training.
- Provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Maintain current knowledge of all technology used to support lending systems and procedures.
- Audit Conduct independent audits on various processes and procedures in operations on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Recognize potential audit issues and reports these to supervisor immediately.
- Execute internal audit assigned tasks within established business process controls.
- Audit lending system processes for information integrity of transaction documents and report discrepancies for both retail and consumer lending channels.
- Track and report findings as appropriate.
- Follow and execute audit plans and understand the specific issues to be evaluated. As assigned, help external auditors throughout the year. Provide direction to employees that are not following procedures.
- Maintain Internal Audit independence and objectivity in all assignments.
- Prepare audit reports using sound writing skills.
- Reflect the company’s values and demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Complete tasks within assigned time constraints to accomplish the goals of the Internal Audit Department.
- Prepare written reports on audit reviews, including findings and conclusions and report to supervisor immediately on any anomalies discovered during the audit process.
- Maintains confidentiality, corporate protocol and standards of conduct to ensure the highest level of professional presentation of the Operations department at all times.
- Review system access rights and ensure duties are segregated appropriately.
- Perform research as needed.
- Support audit, legal, and investor requests for documents and historical records in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with stakeholders, analyze, review, create, edit and maintain credit union procedures, guides, informational bulletins and other documents that meet the knowledge and skill level skills of a diverse group of end-users.
- Actively monitor workflows, editing processing and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion to meet established deadlines. Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of updates.
- Apply analytical abilities to projectively and positively influence outcomes and resolve challenges and issues.
- Will participate in and lead projects and initiatives.
- Supports a culture of teamwork, collaboration, service and support for change.
- High school Diploma or equivalent and five to eight years combined credit union/banking experience required, to include three to five years complex Consumer/Indirect loan processing is required. Advanced knowledge of consumer loan products, rates and terms.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of loan processing and credit fundamentals.
- Three to five years general experience in Consumer/Indirect and HELOC underwriting is preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess applicable technology skills and demonstrated expertise. Ability to use Word for Windows, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database use.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a professional presentation, and a high degree of personal initiative. Interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, motivating and influencing others, maintaining a significant level of trust and diplomacy, fostering internal and external business relationships.
- This position requires the employee to work during regular business hours and occasional nights or weekends as needed to meet established department deadlines.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.