USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Specialist I/II
at USE Credit Union
- Job ID
- Consumer Lending
- Regular Full-Time
Are you Innovative and Relationship Focused? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? USE’s Consumer Lending Department is the perfect place for you! As a Loan Specialist I/II, you’ll have the chance to create an effortless member experience and help members achieve their dreams. Become part of a team that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
• Process and fund Consumer, Indirect and Solar loan requests.
• Process daily Consumer, Indirect and Solar Loan Quality Control and Servicing for branch and Call Center funded loans.
• Perform Quality Control on all retail packages for compliance with policies, procedures and loan underwriter stipulations. Ensure all required documents are completed properly and signed where necessary.
• Establish qualifications for new members and opens new accounts.
• Update dealer partners daily on contract requirements for funding by calling dealership.
• Promote new programs and rates.
• Perform well under high loan volume/pressure.
• Must be able to handle demanding dealer customer.
• Support balancing department General Ledger accounts daily.
• Complete, communicate and track Consumer Loan Feedback write ups for individual SRO’s and RO’s and branches.
• Complete monthly Consumer Loan Quality Control summary reports for branches and departments.
• Assist with processing Consumer Loan Servicing (CLS) requests.
• Assist branch employees with matters relating to all consumer loan products. Support the daily phone queue help lines. Identify staff training needs and provide feedback to Consumer Lending Administrator, as needed.
• Track and communicate all outstanding branch and department funded loan files and lending applications.
• Process Consumer Loan payoff exceptions, including insurance settlements and adjustments as necessary.
• Provide quality member service for internal/external customers.
• Provide back-up support for loan Work-Outs/Judgment and CPI audits for Financial Solutions.
• Adhere to company policy and procedure, complete annual compliance training, comply with business continuity and vendor management policy.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of three years combined Credit Union/Banking experience to include at least one year of complex Consumer/Indirect loan processing experience.
• Advanced knowledge of consumer loan products, rates and terms is required.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of loan processing and credit fundamentals.
• Consumer/Indirect and Real Estate underwriting knowledge is preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong member service, a high level of interpersonal skills and strong analytical and problem solving abilities to review financial and credit information.
• A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to use Word for Windows, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications, 10–key calculator and other related office equipment is required.
• Valid California driver’s license is required.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.