USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Policy & Procedure Coordinator
at USE Credit Union
USE Credit Union
Job ID 2018-1199
Job Locations US-CA-San Diego
Category Central Operations
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job
Are you detail oriented? Great at working effectively across multiple business units? USE's Central Operations Department is the perfect place for you! As a Policy & Procedure Coordinator, you'll have the chance to collaborate with stakeholders to analyze, review, create, edit and maintain Credit Union policies and procedures. Become part of a team that is key in identifying and communicating process gaps and risk exposures. Do you have what it takes?
- Collaborating with stakeholders, analyze, review, create, edit and maintain credit union policies, procedures, guides, informational bulletins and other documents that meet the knowledge and skill level skills of a diverse group of end-users.
- Maintain competency and current knowledge of regulatory requirements and all laws, statues, regulations and governing authority guidance.
- Coordinate feedback, updates, and edits to ensure the resolution of issues/questions with relevant stakeholders and business unit owners.
- Assist in the assessment and recommendations of publishing platforms, and administer the publishing and distribution methods of policies and procedures.
- Establish and oversee a formal, consistent update process for procedures. Collect and assess requests for improvements from stakeholders, and make and implement suggestion to keep credit union policies, procedures, guides, informational bulletins and other documents current and relevant.
- May produce or arrange for illustrations, charts, and photographs to be included in the publications.
- Actively monitor workflows, editing processing and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion to meet established deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of updates.
- Grasp and keep abreast of changing regulatory environment to ensure credit union policies, procedures, guides, informational bulletins and other documents remain current and accurate.
- Identify and report significant exposures uncovered during daily duties and effectively escalate issues to management.
- Apply analytical abilities to proactively and positively influence outcomes and resolve challenges and issues.
- Adhere to all credit union policies and procedures. Maintain privacy and confidentiality in all interactions and communication channels.
- Will participate in and lead projects and initiatives.
- Ensure all documentation requests are aligned with corporate and business unit strategies by having the proper approvals prior to publication.
- Maintain standards, templates, and publication architecture to ensure optimal usability in accordance with accepted technical writing standards.
- Manage high-level projects including gathering the required information, identifying deliverables, drafting documents, revising documents as needed, obtaining appropriate approvals, publishing documents and maintaining historical files.
- Maintain partnerships with business units to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, accurate and effective documentation that meets the business units' needs.
- Support audit, legal, and investor requests for documents and historical records in a timely manner.
- Understand and execute a publication's lifecycle, including interviewing and data gathering, content development, drafts and feedback solicitation, implementation, and revision from periodic review or process changes.
- Work closely with individual departments and the Marketing ad Training departments for the presentation of technical information in formats other than technical manuals.
- Makes operational recommendations on how to increase efficiencies, in order to save money, reduce cycle times, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Business Administration, Communications or other related technical field from a four-year college and a minimum of three-years technical writing experience in a financial institution or similar industry required; or a combination of education and expereince.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and grammatical skills.
- Ability to delineate between technical and operational written instructions, work with technology that supports technical writing and the distribution of policies and procedures in a readable, searchable and flexible format.
- Basic project management skills are required including producing flowcharts and assign the right resources on projects of all sizes.
- Three to five years of experience in a financial institution; audit/compliance or legal experience preferred.
- Knowledge of credit union and/or bank operations and familiarity with NCUA Rules and Regulations, Federal and State laws and financial institutions preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret, analyze and verbally communicate a variety of topics with all levels of staff, including Senior Management.
- Ability to interview and write to the knowledge and skill levels of a diverse group of end-users and subject matter experts.
- Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate written analytical and informational reports, business correspondence, and formulate credit union policies and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, office and web based applications. Adobe Acrobat professional and Adobe Designer a plus.
- This position requires the employee to work during regular business hours and occasional nights and weekends as needed to meet established department deadlines for routine and cyclical work units and projects.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!