USE Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance
at USE Credit Union
- Job ID
- Risk Management
- Regular Full-Time
Are you a strategic thought leader who wants to translate your vision into action? USECU is the perfect place for you! As the VP, Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance you’ll have a chance to be a key integrator across a broad array of responsibilities, while engaging every level of the organization to enroll them in the value of risk management and compliance. Become part of a team that is key in identifying and communicating compliance gaps and risk exposures. Do you have what it takes?
- Serves as the strategic thought leader regarding enterprise risk identification, assessment, and mitigation.
- Works with business units to coordinate product and service risk assessments that are determined to be appropriate through best practices, and as required by regulations.
- Presides over the enterprise Business Continuity Plan (BCP), including oversight of Risk Management staff who are partnering with business units to plan, test, and respond to business interruptions causing the plan to be invoked.
- Assists the SVP/CFO in other risk-related functions, as requested.
- Oversees and executes the credit union’s compliance program through the supervision of applicable staff.
- Ensures the compliance team recommends processes to management that will reduce the risk of regulatory non-compliance.
- Directs the completion of annual compliance and BSA/AML related risk assessments.
- Provides compliance-related consultancy for new initiatives, new products and new services. This may include direct or outsourced support to management regarding legal issues.
- Partners with the Training Department to ensure appropriate regulatory training is provided annually.
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, utilizes strategic thinking and action to drive the business forward and generate member value.
- Regularly leads and participates in related initiatives, projects, and committees.
- Manages assigned cost centers, related annual budgets, and budget variances.
- Partners with business units to craft policies and procedures for their areas of assigned responsibility.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a team to solve problems and synthesize complex data into actionable business decisions.
- Leverages leadership and organizational skills to foster proactivity, as well as prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Directly supervises two or more employees in the Enterprise Risk & Compliance Department, and/or indirectly manages up to 10 employees.
- Extensive leadership and management skills are required with a focus on creating a high performing team.
- Model USE Credit Union’s cultural values, leadership competencies, providing guidance and motivating others to work well together in accomplishing the team’s purpose and objectives.
- Develop a culture that promotes high engagement for all governance, risk and compliance employees. Creates an environment where team members feel recognized, valued, engaged, motivated, inspired and thrive.
- Ensure goals are well understood, creating a collaborative environment, building confidence & trust, and creating cooperation amongst team members in achieving goals.
- Select and retain talent with skills, abilities and behaviors that focus on results while cultivating the Credit Union’s culture.
- Improve and reinforce performance in others and develop talent for critical positions and/or future leadership roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Business Administration, Economics or a related field and 10+ years of experience in risk management required, or equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience required.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA) and/or job-related certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Must have strong underlying knowledge of regulatory frameworks within federally insured depository institutions.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training managers as needed; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to partner with business owners as a risk and compliance subject matter expert for their business cases and / or other project related matters to Senior Management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations and write reports, business correspondence, business cases, and policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, team building, motivating, coaching, leading, and influencing others; a high level of trust and diplomacy; fostering internal and external business relationships; ability to work with high level, cross-functional teams is required.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.