Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at venture dynamics
Marine Electricians are responsible for the installation, removal, troubleshooting, tests, and repairs of Electrical Equipment onboard Navy and Commercial Vessels in various stages of construction, repair and modernization.
- Use hand and power tools and testing equipment.
- Examine Electrical wiring, fiber optics, equipment, or fixtures using testing devices including Voltmeters, Ohmmeters, and Oscilloscopes to diagnose, document, and troubleshoot electrical circuits, cables, equipment and systems to ensure everything is functioning properly.
- Repair or replace faulty equipment or fixtures.
- Prepare work area, drill holes, grind metal surfaces, inspect and report on cableway and electrical equipment conditions.
- Install wiring, fiber optics, batteries, conduit boxes, panel boxes, cableways, motors, motor controllers, limit switches, proximity switches, hydraulic pumping units, hybrid delay, standard electronic modules, and other supplies.
- Work may involve the installation of components for new electrical systems or upgrading older systems.
- Work with limited supervision following a strict schedule.
- Prepare sketches or follow specifications according to blue prints, drawings, sketches, schematics, and wire diagrams.
- Direct or train other employees with lower class levels.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Occasionally perform task outside of the trade as required.
- Implement Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures when required.
Venture Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. was founded in November 2000 with a full speed ahead pursuit of the Marine and Industrial workforce. We have built a solid foundation of professional and highly skilled tradesmen over the 11 years of business. Our business is maximizing workforce productivity through custom staffing solutions while minimizing customer's labor and administrative costs. We have effectively streamlined the hiring process so that our customers can meet project deadlines without going over budget. Our customers can enjoy a better bottom line while knowing the skilled labor they need is always readily available. Imagine being able to bid on multiple contracts or taking on various projects without the time and costs associated with hiring new employees.
With a proven and qualified workforce representing the full spectrum of trades, we take care to fully understand our customer's particular skilled trade requirements to match with a highly skilled candidate. Our experienced staff ensures our customers receive the best candidate for the position without a lengthy turnaround time. By acting as the perfect liaison between a skilled worker and a company that requires their service, we are able to build lasting partnerships with not only our customers, but with our workforce as well.
On top of joining the best skilled trade staffing company, Venture Dynamics offers:
- Safety Incentive Programs
- Referral Fee Program to reward employees who help us hire those in need of employment
- Direct Hire Option for employees looking to get their foot in the door at a great company
- Paycheck Direct Deposit
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of Marine Electrician experience in a shipyard environment.
- OSHA 10-Hour Maritime Certificate. 
- Have knowledge of electricity fundamentals and basic principles.
- Must be Familiar with the Standard Electrical Units of Measure (Volt, Ampere, Ohm, Siemen, Farad, Coulomb, Henry, Watts, and Hertz).
- Be familiar with various Electrical Testing Devices (Including but not limited to Voltmeters, Ohmmeters, and Oscilloscopes) and their proper usage.
- Have knowledge of US AC Power Circuit Wiring Color Codes and work with company specific Wiring Color Codes.
- Knowledge of fiber optic installation, testing, and removal.
- Be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor and small groups.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
- Must possess basic math skills to calculate and understand electrical units of measurement.
- Able to read, interpret, and work from various sources including blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, schematics, specifications, samples, layouts, and verbal instructions.
- Ability to operate Electrical Test equipment in a safe and efficient way.
- Ability to use hand and power tools associated with the trade efficiently and in a safely manner.
- Successfully pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening. 
- Must be Physically and Medically qualified to wear required Personal Protective Equipment for the trade.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, ladders, reach, twist, work at elevated heights and small spaces.
- Be able to successfully pass an Electrician Assessment.
- Candidates must be US Persons. 
- Must possess or be eligible to get a DBID (Defense Biometric Identification).
- Have flexible schedule, be able to work any shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and do overtime if required.
 OSHA Course of Certification will be provided to qualifying candidates.
 Venture Dynamics Enterprise requires all candidates and employees to comply to its Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
 United States Citizen or Alien Admitted for permanent residence in the United States).