Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Engineer, Software
Overview of Job Function:
The Sr. Software Engineer is a primary front-end developer that designs, develops and implements a complex client side UI primarily with ExtJs and some ReactJs. The role involves designing client side data models, interactions and implements user interface designs provided by UI designers. In addition to digesting REST APIs, there may be some minor work to develop REST APIs in Java. The role has a strong focus on test-driven development, as well as user experience and performance optimization. The senior engineer utilizes proficiency and highly developed skills to work on complex projects.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new user-facing features using ExtJs and React.js.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Assist team with RESTful API development using Java.
- Ensure the quality, completeness and best practices of project deliverables.
- Drive success through working collaboratively with engineering development, test, marketing and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Be innovative, continuously think and asses the next step, and be one step ahead of our customers.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software development.
- Proven experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
- Proficiency in web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Proficiency in asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js).
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Ability to work independently, quickly understand issues and think through solutions.
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems and concepts as well as make decisions based on given input.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and parallel projects.
- Must be a team player, motivated, self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment and a quick learner.
- Successful completion of the background check process, including but not limited to employment, education, criminal convictions, OFAC, SS Verification and credit, where available and in accordance with federal and local regulations.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript.
- Experience with ExtJs.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Experience with benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of 508 compliance and how to implement application support.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.