Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Part-Time
- M-8:30am to 7pm, F-7am to 5:30pm, 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Sat.- 9am to 4pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Under the clinical supervision of the dentist and the administrative supervision of the clinic manager, the Registered Dental Assistant will provide chair side assistance to the dentist in the concept of four handed dentistry and prepare patients for service delivery.
- Perform a wide variety of patient care activities and assist chair side in the concept of four handed dentistry including but not limited to impressions, applying non-aerosol and topical agents, applying topical fluoride, removing post-extractions and periodontal dressings and sutures, assisting in the administration of nitrous oxide, placing and removing rubber dams and removing matrices for restorative procedures
- Maintain a smooth constant flow of patients from reception to operatories; coordinate the activities of several operatories through proper utilization of time, resources, abilities and patient needs
- Operate x-ray equipment to make complete and/or selective oral radiographic services. Process images and arrange in format as appropriate.
- High school graduate or equivalent with post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Certification of Completion of Registered Dental Assistant Exam
- Coronal Polishing Certificate
- Radiation Safety Certificate
- Current CPR Certification
- Operational experience with x-ray machine, sterilizing equipment, ultrasonic equipment, laboratory equipment and other dental practice related equipment
- Minimum two years' experience working as a registered dental assistant in a high volume dental practice
- Availability and willingness to work evening and/or weekend hours when requested
- Knowledge of the full range of professional dental duties in connection with treatment of dental diseases and dental health problems of usual difficulty
- Knowledge of professional and ethical standards of health care delivery
- Proven ability to put patients at ease and give clear understandable directions of treatment recommended by dentist
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems and the ability to use that knowledge in assisting clients with accessing necessary health care services
- Knowledge of the operational aspects of Medi-Cal, CHDP, private insurance and government programs which pay for dental services
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities