Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Home Engagement Specialist
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Clinical Operation
- 40 hrs. wk. (T, W, Th - 10am to 7pm, Friday 8am - 5pm & Sat. 9am to 4pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Seeking a Health Homes Engagement Specialist for our Health Homes Program to perform outreach and enroll eligible clients in Care Coordination services and assist with client retention needs. The Engagement Specialist will conduct telephonic and written outreach and retention services to coordinate care for Health Home Care Coordination eligible clients. Outreach staff will work closely with the Care Coordination team to identify, locate, engage and enroll clients eligible for Health Home services. These services are provided for Medi-Cal recipients with co-occurring medical, mental health, and/or substance abuse needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide telephonic, written and face to face outreach and orientation services for each Health Home eligible client to facilitate enrollment and retention
- Utilize internet databases, health record systems and other resources to explore client eligibility and contact information
- Maintain ongoing clinical documentation and records upholding all HIPAA regulations and confidentiality protocols to record each interaction with every patient served
- Assist Care Coordinators in securing and identifying needed referrals to community and network medical, behavioral health and social assistance providers through outreach, research, and maintenance of the program resource directory
- Provide follow up services with patients as needed
- Provide regular status updates to supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years' health education experience
- Minimum 2 years direct sales experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Availability and willingness to work a variable schedule when requested