Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant - FLOAT
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., 1 or 2 Sat/mon. 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population.
If you are selected for this position, you will make a difference in the lives of others. Every day, you will make an impact on your community.
We have a very competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, AD&D & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees.
VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Prepare patients for examination and assists providers with the examination and/or procedure
- Take vital signs, heights and weights of patients; plot growth charts; record immunizations
- Set up appropriate instrument trays for special procedures
- Check equipment and stock examination room with necessary supplies for the day's work
- Instruct and counsel patients in their health care according to the physician’s instructions
- Perform audiometric screening, Snellen tests and EKG as required
- Administer intramuscular, subcutaneous or intradermal injections, skin tests, venipuncture and skin punctures for blood
- Assist providers with patient follow-up and in making referrals
- Ensure patient encounter forms and other forms and logs are completed accurately
- Clean and stock exam rooms at end of day; wash, wrap and autoclave instruments according to guidelines
- Assist provider with all procedures with knowledge of instruments and sterile procedure
- Perform basic lab tests as needed ( e.g., pregnancy, dipstix, rapid strep, etc)
- Present positive role model and clinic image
- Complete monthly log and monitor supplies and expiration dates of equipment and supplies for each room; order and maintain supplies
- Monitor all outgoing labs and incoming results for quality assurance
- Ensure MA staff is assigned appropriately to maximize optimal clinic function
- Enforce HIPAA guidelines
- Assist with coverage for leaves, vacations, sick days, etc
- Assist with training of new medical assistants
- Advise other medical assistants as needed
- Assist Clinic Manager with testing, maintaining and updating medical assistant skills
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification indicating completion of program from an approved school or hospital
- Minimum five years’ back office or three years’ specialty practice experience
- Current CPR certification
- Phlebotomy certification
- Valid California driver’s license and vehicle insurance; reliable transportation, to travel for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Knowledge of and ability to perform the full range of professional medical assistant duties
- Knowledge of community health centers, public assistance programs, state and federal regulations and managed care systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary for communication with patients/clients, providers and other staff
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional manner
- Ability to work with people of all social and ethnic backgrounds and within the constraints of government funded programs
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Emergency response capabilities for possible crisis situation
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, noisy environment
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail, communication systems and internet search capabilities
- Familiar with operation of telephone, fax and copier equipment