Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prenatal Health Educator (CPHW)
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Women's Health
- 40 hrs/wk (M-W-F 8am-5pm, T-Th 10am -7pm)
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. You will make a difference in the lives of others. Every day, you will make an impact on your community.
We have a very competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, AD&D & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees.
VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide case management and prenatal education to individuals and groups of prenatal patients receiving services at Vista Community Clinic.
- Rotate through all prenatal service locations as needed.
- Manage assigned patients, closely monitoring attendance at appointments, status of referrals, identifying and addressing barriers to care, and providing support and resources as needed
- Manage activity of Individual Care Plan (ICP), assessing the effectiveness of interventions during each trimester and modifying as patient conditions change
- Conduct prenatal orientation (intake) with patients, explaining procedures, answering questions, ordering labs, collecting medical/genetic history, reviewing pregnancy plans and assigning OB Clinician
- Complete comprehensive health, nutrition and psychosocial assessment developing personalized ICP based on results and patient needs
- Promote the prenatal program to clinic staff and patients in a positive, patient-centered and caring way
- Proactively identify solutions to improve patient satisfaction, workflow and ways to achieve productivity goals
- Refer clients to appropriate perinatal support services including nutritionist, social worker, childbirth educator, lactation consultant, WIC and dental
- Coordinate referrals to imaging testing, specialists and delivering hospital including hospital pre-registration and hospital tour
- Counsel patient for eligibility programs including Presumptive Eligibility, pregnancy Medi-Cal and Prenatal Cash Program
- Collect specimen for pregnancy testing and generate Verification of Pregnancy
- Follow established CPSP protocols and VCC guidelines
- Document accurately in electronic health record and tracking logs
- Meet or exceed established productivity standards and other metrics
- Review and evaluate CPHW service delivery to ensure department standards are met
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature review, in-service meetings and workshops
- Support the vision, mission and goals, and demonstrate a commitment to the values, of the organization
- Perform other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Health Sciences, Human Development, Public Health, Social Work, or a related field
- Minimum one year experience in perinatal care with a basic knowledge of how perinatal care is provided
- Minimum three years’ experience in developing and facilitating trainings and providing one-on-one coaching and teaching
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- CPR Certification (BLS Child, Infant, Adult)
- Valid California driver’s license and vehicle insurance; reliable transportation, to travel for meetings and/or to gather information for reporting purposes
- Medical Assistance Certificate
- Experience with a Medi-Cal program in an outpatient setting