Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Part-Time
- Health Promotion Center
- Monday through Friday 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit medical, dental, optometry, chiropracty, behavioral and social services center providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. We provide the highest quality services in seven clinics located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties. We work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services and education for those who need it most. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to serve our population. You will make a difference in the lives of others. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide assistance to the after school Program Supervisor
- Provide educational assistance to teens at the after school sites, assist in supervision of activities for high-risk youth at the after school sites.
- Assist teens with their homework and other projects – specifically with core subjects homework
- Take part in program activities to increase staff and teen participants’ morale
- Initiate interaction with teens and facilitate compliance with rules,
- Bring problem behavior and participant issues to Program Supervisor as appropriate
- Help teens with transitions in program (daily)
- Promote employee and teen safety
- High school graduate and enrolled and currently attending college
- Must be willing to work a 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm shift
- Experience in assisting students in recreational, homework and other activities specifically designed for adolescents
- Proficient in core high school subjects
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Ability and willingness to make a school year commitment
- Preferred bilingual English/Spanish
- Preferred strong math knowledge to tutor in after school program
- Comfortable assisting teens with their homework and other projects
- Ability to assist the subcontractor/facilitators with workshops
- Familiar with operation of computer, telephone, fax and copier equipment