Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intermediate Logistics Analyst
at Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc
Job Reference #: 1094
San Diego, CA
# of Openings:
For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: Intermediate Logistics Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
The purpose of this position is to provide logistics support services for Naval Operational Forces (NOF) within U.S. Fleet Forces Command (USFFC), Commander, Pacific Fleet (CPF), Marine Forces Pacific (MARFORPAC). Performance expertise on this contract is in the following areas: analysis and problem solving, logistics support, on-site assistance and training. Tasks executed will encompass the following:
• Aircraft Modification Manager: Maintain accurate records of modified aircraft and trainers to provide an instant inventory of configured assets. Schedule incorporation of depot level changes to provide an uninterrupted flow of aircraft to the mod team, while insuring the least impact to the operator. Receive and account for kits to properly maintain adequate on hand material for "by schedule" compliance.
• Update Legacy NALCOMIS TD configuration files and verify the TD Configuration file has been updated by the T/M/S Baseline Manager. Verify that completed TDs are not listed on the NALCOMIS TD Outstanding Report, print the TD Completion Report and file for records, enter date completed from TD MAF or Field Team Request Form in column IV of TD Routing and Tracking Sheet (Part 2)
• For Legacy NALCOMIS Initiate MAFs (ensure compliance is clearly spelled out on each MAF as required). For OOMA attach the Task to the CM Module then initiate applicable Work Orders. Brief all affected work centers on the requirements of the TD and determine material support/time SE required with the assistance of the expeditor and work center, order parts, and kits as required.
• Routing Copy of TD with Part 2, will be filed and held by TD Coordinator until the TD has been completed. Forward completed MAFs/WOs, the TD and Part 2 to QA.
• Make Appropriate Logs and Records Entries and update Column V of TD Routing and Tracking Sheet (Part 2), ensure TD Coordinator returns the TD Routing and Tracking Sheet (Part 1) to the Program Monitor.
• Aircraft Asset transfer coordinator: Ensure all aircraft custodians have adequate assets to accomplish their prescribed mission. Considerations such as multiple aircraft in flow at IMP, returning and next up deploying squadrons, aircraft upgrade inductions, crash damaged replacements, and lengthy modification schedules all affect an operator’s ability to train and therefore must be planned for when moving assets. MEU planning revolves around a very strict schedule and planning for their success is an ongoing effort.
• ISR coordinator - Screen and approve all P&E requests for In Service Repair. Pursue more efficient means of repair if they exist and provide assistance locating parts or material to get the repair done in the most expedient manner.
• Preset/Reset Liaison - Conduct intensive planning with the squadron and contract personnel to accomplish the goals of preset and reset on deploying aircraft. In order to maintain a daily flight schedule and prepare aircraft for deployment an intensive plan must be developed and adhered to for success. As aircraft return from GWOT support, they too must be reconstituted without impacting the ability to train. Both of these events require close monitoring as well as product support and inner agency coordination.
• Technical Directive Coordinator - Be the main Point-of-Contact (POC) for VAL/VER's, flight clearances and records. Assign validations or verification for proposed technical directive to the best suited organization at the time. Work closely with TYCOM and the FST in the development and distribution of proposals that guarantee the quickest turn-around with beneficial input.
• TMS SME - Assist with maintenance procedures, policies and troubleshooting techniques. To identify difficult aircraft issues and work with the ILSMT to provide explanations of requested action chits. Liaison with contractors to research aircraft improvements and coordinate site visits when contracted to support such systems as the LAIRCM.
• Plans Liaison – Coordinate aircraft availability for WTI, Desert Talon, and MEU exercises. Attend planning meetings and provide input for deploying squadron asset distribution ensuring squadron’s success. WTI and Mojave Viper are "no fail" exercises that require in depth planning insuring squadrons have the aircraft to deploy, as well as maintain a training schedule for remain behind pilots, and aircrew.
• The Analyst will be familiar with Relational Supply (R-Supply)/Optimized NALCOMIS.
• Shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related business discipline.
• The Intermediate Logistics Analyst shall have three years of experience in Navy logistics, AIS management, inventory management, financial management and the functionality of military logistics AISs.
• As a substitute, four years of experience in Navy logistics, AIS management, inventory management, financial management and the functionality of Navy logistics and AISs.
• Education equivalency experience is in addition to the minimum experience of the labor category.
• United States Citizen
• Must have an active U.S. Secret Clearance
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.