Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Logistics Analyst - Miramar
at Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc
Job Reference #: 1200
Categories: Consulting Services, Healthcare - Assisted Living/Home Health, Transportation/Supply Chain/Logistics
San Diego, CA
# of Openings:
For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: Senior Logistics Analyst - Miramar
Location: San Diego, CA
To support the Naval Forces Logistics (NFL) contract team at Miramar located at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar San Diego, CA. Will be responsible for providing support of Relational Supply (R-Supply)/Optimized NALCOMIS, conduct aviation logistic training, in-depth problem solving/analysis, technical assistance, and training to MALS-11 personnel.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assist MALS-11 staff in ensuring that the unit is conducting their daily supply operations in accordance with TYCOM/NAVSUP instructions and policies.
• Assist in performing an in-depth vigorous budget/program analysis of the Operations and Maintenance, Navy (O&M,N), funds supporting MALS-11 Flying Hour Program. Works with Marine personnel to find out why variances exceed the OP-20 on a monthly basis. This includes aircraft operations, aviation fleet maintenance and miscellaneous aircraft support.
• Screen non-NSN requirements in NALCOMIS before submitting to external supply system. Weed out requests for wrong parts, local manufacture items, and often identify NSNs or substitute items.
• Work with Fleet Readiness Center Southwest (FRCSW), PMA-257 Fleet Support Team (FST), Contractor Augmented Maintenance personnel and Field Service Representatives (FSRs) on site to monitor and analyze recurring maintenance issues, identify trends and take or recommend corrective action.
• Coordinate the issue, referral and carcass tracking of repairable requirements (e.g. FRC, IMC, etc.) for Schedule Depot Level Maintenance (SDLM)/Integrated Maintenance Program (IMP).
• Analyze and processes material returned to supply from Organizational level maintenance, make recommendations on disposition of gear and provide cost avoidance to the customer by screening material for suitability for reuse.
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related business discipline. As a substitute, eight years of “hands-on” experience in a combination of automated supply/maintenance management may be utilized. Training related to the “degree substitute” provided at Navy schools is considered “hands on” experience
• In addition to any experience which is substituted for education, the SLA must have seven to nine years (eight years is preferred) of experience in automated supply, logistics, inventory management, financial management and the functionality of the automated supply systems.
• Automated supply systems refers to NTCSS systems used on with the Navy.
• Experience must be with NTCSS (R-Supply Unit Level) software from a Stock Control and/or R-Supply Financial Manager afloat aspect to effectively analyze and offer guidance on shipboard supply operations performance.
• Military experience working with Navy and Marine Corps logistics.
• Must have Expert level knowledge of MS Excel.
• The ideal candidate would have experience obtained as a former U.S. Navy Senior Enlisted Logistics Specialist or Supply Officer with tours on surface Navy ships and/or Marine Corps units
• Experience with the following is highly desirable:
• Familiarity with detailed functions in the Continuous Monitoring Program (CMP).
• Familiarity with Navy supply and maintenance relationships, organizations, and management databases
• Ability to analyze logistic data, reach conclusions, and develop corrective measures as needed.
• Possess strong verbal skills to convey analysis results and recommendations.
•United States Citizen
•Active Secret clearance
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.