VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Call Center Admissions Coordinator
at VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- Job ID
- Program Posting
- WC Region Intake CCC
- Regular / Temp
- Regular Full-Time
- Min. Exp.(Yrs)
- Customer Service
- San Diego
- Zip Code
- Official Job Title
- CCC Admissions Coordinator
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The VITAS Healthcare Admissions Coordinator is a customer service professional who facilitates the conversion of referrals to admissions through the completion of the intake process and the use of effective communication, technology and customer service skills. An Admissions Coordinator interacts with patients and families, referral sources and program staff to enable the start of care for VITAS patients.
- Process new referrals that arrive by telephone, email, fax and website inquiries, in the manner best fitting the needs of the referral source.
- Responsible for routine follow up on multiple lists of pending patient charts daily.
- Enter accurate information to support data integrity and maximize reimbursement.
- Verify Medicare and Medicaid hospice benefits.
- Notify Managed Care Department of commercial insurances and managed health care plans.
- Notify the Marketing Representatives of each new referral outside of the working hours the Program Scheduler, 8pm-8am local time and weekends.
- Call patients and families and offer a same day appointment to ensure a timely admission.
- Seek assistance of the Program Scheduler to determine appropriate staffing and coverage for appointment needs during the hours of 8am-8pm local time, Monday through Friday.
- Explain hospice benefits and services to patients and families as needed.
- Assign appointments to VITAS Admissions Representatives and provide them with appointment report outside of the hours the Program Scheduler is working, 8pm-8am local time and weekends.
- Complete admission consent paperwork as needed.
- Update referral sources on the status of their referred patients when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Take report from VITAS Admissions Representatives and accurately document the outcome.
- Verify discharge plans and facilitate the delivery of Home Medical Equipment prior to discharge.
- Supports coworkers and encourages a sense of teamwork amongst peers.
- Provide training and mentoring to new team members as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as determined by the department supervisor or director.
- Participate in morning check in meeting with the Program Scheduler to review staffing/scheduling needs for the day.
- Will support the VITAS Mission, Core Values, and Care Connection Center cultural platforms at all times.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Two or more years related experience in medical terminology and/or in a call center environment
- Ability to attain goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with internal and external callers
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the customer interaction to include both verbally and in writing to provide a concierge level of service
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems and a variety of software packages, and type minimum 45 wpm
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive action plans.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities and work on various assignments simultaneously
- Model positive behaviors that are focused on supporting: integrity, valuing diversity, innovation, building relationships, customer focus and teamwork.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Medical or business office education or training desired
Special Instructions to Candidates