Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Per Diem Delivery Driver
The position(s) described here are for Option Care (previously known as Walgreens Infusion Services), a former subsidiary of Walgreen Co. (Walgreens). Option Care became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company.
Job Duties Include:
The Driver l is responsible for the appropriate, timely delivery of equipment, supplies and medications to patients receiving home health care services. The technician is required to complete paperwork and documentation as per Walgreens policy. The driver assists with warehouse/pharmacy operations and equipment/vehicle management. Demonstrates competency and compliance with Walgreens policy in the delivery and pick-up of medical equipment, supplies and medications. Delivers products according to the patient schedule. Follows Walgreens policy with regard to bagging and segregation of dirty medical equipment. Maintains refrigerated/ frozen products in a cooler until time of delivery. Follows generally accepted safe driving practices and complies with all state and local traffic laws. Follows federal, state and local regulations regarding safety and blood born pathogens.
Effectively communicates with agency staff, patients and family. Obtains a signature from an authorized individual when making a delivery. Accurately notes any items that are not accepted during a delivery. Communicates special instructions to the patient or caregiver when requested. Prepares and submits documentation regarding discrepancies, complaints or service requests to the appropriate Walgreens staff within an acceptable time frame. Maintains an accurate log of all deliveries made or attempted. Assists or manages proper maintenance of company vehicles. Accurate records of completed and scheduled vehicle maintenance are maintained. Assists or manages proper maintenance of company vehicles. Cleans coolers and dirty equipment. Assists with shipping products. Accepts and documents the receipt of product per Walgreens policy. Returns dirty equipment to the appropriate location. Accurately picks and packs supplies and equipment when requested. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information. Demonstrates current knowledge regarding the proper delivery of products and set up of equipment. Participates in the driver on-call rotation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Required current valid driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance
- At least 1 year of experience delivering health care products.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Willing to travel at least 90% of the time for business purposes.
- Previous experience delivering health care products