Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jr Staff Accountant
at Wasserman Associates
Responsible for assisting the Accounting Department in their efforts to accomplish the Company’s goals and objectives by providing accounting and financial support. This includes, preparation and recording of various journal entries, preparation of monthly account reconciliations and providing other financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate receipt of payment of accounts.
- Review, verify, and post vendor bills, check requests, and credit/debit memos in the accounting software system ensuring careful accuracy and precision.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and perform weekly check runs.
- Ensure that all account balances are paid and continually work on resolving amounts owed.
- Actively participates in month-end close processes, booking journal entries and providing appropriate detail level review and analysis.
- Assist in month end reconciliation and roll forward of balance sheets accounts.
- Assist with year-end financial and other audits as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results, and undertakes other special projects as requested.
- Contribute to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Accounting /Finance, preferred
- 1 years accounting experience.
- General knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Ability to manage and analyze financial data.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
- Highly organized.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; specifically advanced features of Excel.