Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Activities Attendant
at Welk Resorts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Consistently follow the Welk I-serve standards at all times.
- Consistently follow departmental service standards.
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Attend departmental safety meetings, keep the workplace in safe condition, and work in a safe manner. Know all safety and emergency procedures and be able to handle any emergency situation, as designed, when it occurs.
- Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstation at scheduled start time.
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or procedures.
- Display a positive, friendly and outgoing attitude to all guests/customers and fellow employees at all times.
- Be fully knowledgeable and respectful of all rules, policies, regulations and procedures as they relate to your department and/or the entire resort.
- Maintain an outstanding personal appearance at all times, always in full compliance with published personal hygiene/dress code policy.
- Perform additional tasks/jobs as directed by Activity Director/Supervisor/Lead.
- Immediately report any problems to Activity Director or Supervisor that you feel hinder the operation of your department.
- Daily opening and closing procedures according to SOP’s.
- Staffing holiday and special activity functions.
- Helping guests with various vacation needs including directions, area information, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in special resort employee programs.
- Complete daily audit shift closing sheets using appropriate cash handling procedures.
- May be required to be in the pool for certain scheduled activities.
- Some public speaking may be required.
- Some F&B is required for special activities
- Direct and lead activities for guests of all ages.
- Equipment rentals including check-in and checkout procedures along with pool towel rentals and exchanges.
- Be familiar with all services that the Welk Resort offers on property. For example, hours of operation of the outlets to include all shops and stores on property, Sales and Marketing, Concierge desk and all other Welk departments
- Work with Director and Supervisor to help plan and implement special projects and events.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and efficient state
- Maintain a weekly and monthly inventory of goods for each recreation center.
- Able to lead team members and hold them accountable for daily activities and duties desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
No previous experience required but some is desired.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization. Excellent communication skills required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently standing and walking. Occasionally the associate is sitting. The associate often carries objects weighing 10-15 pounds and constantly carries amounts up to 10 pounds. Associates will be required to work in and around swimming pool. Should know how to swim.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.