Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. IT Business Analyst
at Welk Resorts
This position will primarily focus on the planning, analysis and administration of Welk’s enterprise-level business systems. In coordination with business users, management and other IT resources or vendors, this person will need to provide guidance for system changes or enhancements. They will need to work with business partners to identify practical solutions to business problems utilizing our systems. This position will be responsible for the administration and ongoing support of these systems and other related technologies. It is expected that the person selected for this position adheres to organizational values appropriately collaborating with staff, volunteers, and Partners.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and translate into functional requirements.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Perform user acceptance testing. As well as hands on training for end users
- Update, implement and maintain procedures.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Manage competing resources and priorities.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects.
- Provide user support as needed to diagnose and resolve issues that fall within the scope of applications you support.
- Develops the necessary forms of Quality Assurance tests and techniques to ensure the successful implementation of software and hardware solutions
- Proficiently coordinates and performs test execution
- Develops an appropriate and effective user experience and acceptance testing level of involvement
- Consistently follow the Welk High Five service standards at all times
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures
- Help keep the workplace in safe condition, and work in a safe manner
- Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstation at scheduled start time
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily fulfill the identified responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their function. The experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired for this position is as follows:
Experience or Knowledge Preferred:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in business analysis or a related technical field.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience working in agile (scrum) methodologies
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following is a plus:
- CRM Experience (Salesforce)
- Solid experience with QA testing methodologies and tools
- Four year college degree in related field
- Leadership development
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with internal and external customers
- Ability to analyze and develop processes, workflows and modeling
- Ability to work independently and “own” area of responsibility
- Synergistic ability to collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple requests, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.